Skip to main content
Topic: Anyone ever tried to polish a turd, I did. (Read 3822 times) previous topic - next topic

Anyone ever tried to polish a turd, I did.

Reply #30
It takes a long time to work, but it is good.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #31
Quote from: dragon574444;391505
Those are some awesome before and after pics. I wish my turd still had more than 50% of its clear coat, then I could do some polishing!

Wool pad on a buffer a good cutting compound followed by a couple coats of wax will make it a good 40footer yet.

Scott
1980 birds X 3, 1982 bird, 1984 XR7, 1988 TC

Reply #32
I use natures wax also known as tree sap to protect my paint. They'd have to key my car reallllllll hard to get through the 1/2 of sap.
88 Turbocoupe: Coast High Performance 331 kit 28oz balance, Comp XE264HR14 cam, 58cc 185 afr heads, 1.7 roller rockers, Mass-Flo EFI (was POS to setup and their techline is a joke at best)
Full 1 5/8 primary equal length headers, 2 1/2 exhaust, Full manual reverse VB c4 and baked off clear coat "BECAUSE RACECAR"

Reply #33
Quote from: tbirdscott;391697
Wool pad on a buffer a good cutting compound followed by a couple coats of wax will make it a good 40footer yet.

Scott
I think I'll try that next day off. My dad has a buffing wheel somewhere around here...
2002 Honda Civic EX

1984 Ford Thunderbird Elan
5.0 CFI, T5, Dual Exhaust

Reply #34
Quote from: mcb82gt;391404
It covered a dent. LOL

I bet most people dont even know what exp means, or was.

well since its a mercury, you should have went with the LN7 emblem. even more obscure than the exp
-pete
july/88 turbo coupe auto

Reply #35
Quote from: ramair351;393122
well since its a mercury, you should have went with the LN7 emblem. even more obscure than the exp

My dad has a 82 LN7.  I oughta fix it up, ive thought about it.
Mike