Skip to main content
Topic: Moonroof Sun Blind? (Read 1050 times) previous topic - next topic

Moonroof Sun Blind?

The interior of the RWB is really looking good.  To finish restoring it, all I need to do is replace the headliner, find some clean, lighted raven-colored sunvisors and do something to improve the appearance of the moonroof sun blind that slides forward to keep sunlight from shining down through the moonroof on you. 

Does anyone know of a good way to make that sunblind more appealing to look at?  It looks like ass to me.  If you put headliner material on it, it doesn't look like you'd be able to slide it back into the roof.  If you tried painting it, I have doubts about how well that would turn out looking.  Any ideas on a good solution?
William

Moonroof Sun Blind?

Reply #1
I was wondering the same thing, the fuzzy stuff on mine looks like its been smeared and bunched together.

Moonroof Sun Blind?

Reply #2
I took the foam off the back of the headliner fabric and glued that to the shade, but it will need some sort of stiff backer in between or the louvers will show through.  If you could glue some thin plexiglass, or some kind of fabric that has some resistance to go in the slots, you should be ok.  Don't remember all the stuff I tried, but there is a big sheet of cardstock in there now, and it lasted a while, but at this point its all wrinkled.

88 t-bird tc - 14.97 @ 90  IHI 18 psi + k+n filter...so far - NOW HX-35 @25psi - 12.75@112    348rwhp/395rwtq
78 F-150 - 11.61@120 on 175shot N20 - 12.55@110 on motor - 5200# race weight:hick:

Moonroof Sun Blind?

Reply #3
spray glue and felt dust?

Moonroof Sun Blind?

Reply #4
Subscribing to this thread.  I have the same issue.