Skip to main content
Topic: New garage (Read 4743 times) previous topic - next topic

New garage

So as I posted awhile back that I was replacing my garage due to carpenter ant damage. The project has started and it's gotten to the point where I have a new slab and a bigger apr0n. The guys will be coming out this Wednesday to start building the garage. The old garage was an 18'X22' "1.5" car garage. It was built in 1956 and had a 9' overhead 1 car door and a standard size door on the front. The new garage will be a "2.5" car garage. It will be 22'x22' with a 16' overhead door and a standard door next to it. So now it's picture time.

The old garage.
XXX
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

New garage

Reply #1
The old garage is gone!XX
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

New garage

Reply #2
The pad for the new 22'x22' garage.

New garage

Reply #3
A new garage is exciting stuff!

New garage

Reply #4
Sweet!
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

New garage

Reply #5
Very nice!!!
Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.
:birdsmily: :birdsmily: :birdsmily::birdsmily: 
  [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
:birdsmily: :birdsmily: :birdsmily::birdsmily:
1983 base model,1969 302 (originally a v6),upraded c5,currently 30,441 original miles.

New garage

Reply #6
Now you will have a proper "man cave".  For some reason they must have made tiny garages in the 50's.  Mine is a 2-car (built in early 50's) with similar sized doors but you can barely walk around either of my cars.  I can't imagine trying to fit a '57 Chevy wagon or something in there.
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

New garage

Reply #7
Noice. Can't wait to start mine...
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

New garage

Reply #8
Sweet, can't wait to see it finished!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My Bebe! 1980 Thunderbird, 302 & AOD are the only option boxes checked

New garage

Reply #9
Quote from: 50tbrd88;386774
Now you will have a proper "man cave".  For some reason they must have made tiny garages in the 50's.  Mine is a 2-car (built in early 50's) with similar sized doors but you can barely walk around either of my cars.  I can't imagine trying to fit a '57 Chevy wagon or something in there.

My parent's garage was built in the 50's and it's a 20'x22' 2 car. It fits 2 cars fine with enough space to walk around them (my T-bird is in their garage right now till mine is finished). The garage they have is brick, so it's like a small house. I figure they built it long enough to fit one of those 50's barges and stand up if you accidentally backed into the rear wall ;).

New garage

Reply #10
A tear down and starting fresh is a great option.

Mine was bullt pre 1925 as a two car: 18X20.  Mighty tight in todays world!  No option for a tear down, it's considered a "contributing structure" in a historic district.

New garage

Reply #11
Lookin good there Lou. Your bird will enjoy it's new nest.

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC
16' Chebby Cruze 1.4L Turbo
17’ Peterbilt 389 600hp 1850ftlb Trq 18spd

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

New garage

Reply #13
It's done! They put the electricity in this morning. I have a bunch more room. With the stuff along the back wall I still have two feet behind and in front of the T-bird when it's parked. Plus now two cars fit in the garage:D. Now I just have to fix the lawn where they dug a trench for the electrical line to the garage. That's Saturday's project.

New garage

Reply #14
That was quick!  Kind of amazing how a couple feet can make a huge difference in space.  Congrats on getting it done.