Skip to main content
Topic: Sons first day of having licinse (Read 5278 times) previous topic - next topic

Sons first day of having licinse

Reply #30
Well, you can build another one. Make it better. We have the technology. Better...stronger... Sorry, had the 6 million dollar man thing going.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #31
Quote from: flipnbird;384651
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc154/flipnbird/DSCF0185.jpg  This was before

Wow....that's sharp!!!  Does your the black panel on your hood go over the top of the car and onto the rear deck lid?
1988 T-Bird Sport Coupe--5.0 HO, MAF swap, 1-5/8" shorties, BBK/Flowmaster exhaust, Explorer intake, 70mm Edelbrock TB, T5, B&M short throw, Centerforce clutch and PP, disc brake TC rear w/ 3.55's, TC front brakes, '98 Cobra springs, DIY SFC's, other misc .  14.05 @ 98mph with launching too low and shifting too high.

Reply #32
No, it was just on the hood. It is actually a decal
88 sport,TW heads, comp xe270hr, cobra u/Tmoss ported lower, 65 mm throttle body, under drives,smog delete,
1.7 roller rockers, cai, k&n, bbk adj regulator, 76mm Pro-m,all MSD ign. MSD dist,18° base timing, 3g alt.1 5/8 ceramic headers, 255lph walbro, 2.5" h-pipe, flowmasters, silverfox valvebody, 3.73 gear,
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc154/flipnbird/DSCF0185.jpg ( RIP : ( )

Reply #33
Quote from: flipnbird;384791
Got in there and looked hard yesterday evening and i think she is done....floor board is shoved in a few inches, console is twisted back about an inch, steering column is pushed to the right about 3/4"(from him bracing), pass door is about .5" back.  I just think i'm going to look for another clean one and start swaping things over.........I couldn't look at it long, had to cover her back up!

Unfortunately it sounds like it's done. At least it can live on in another when you find a good one to replace it with. I'd probably be the same way and not be able to look at it very long in that condition.

Reply #34
Glad everyone is OK.  This does remind me that I need to call the insurance company concerning the value of my car now that it's done.
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #35
Quote from: V8Demon;384809
Glad everyone is OK.  This does remind me that I need to call the insurance company concerning the value of my car now that it's done.

Ya know....I haven't even seen any pics since your car has been done, I must have missed that thread!!
88 sport,TW heads, comp xe270hr, cobra u/Tmoss ported lower, 65 mm throttle body, under drives,smog delete,
1.7 roller rockers, cai, k&n, bbk adj regulator, 76mm Pro-m,all MSD ign. MSD dist,18° base timing, 3g alt.1 5/8 ceramic headers, 255lph walbro, 2.5" h-pipe, flowmasters, silverfox valvebody, 3.73 gear,

Reply #36
Quote from: vinnietbird;384794
Well, you can build another one. Make it better. We have the technology. Better...stronger... Sorry, had the 6 million dollar man thing going.

Yea I think that is my plan!!!....but this time it is going to be just like you said....EVEN BETTER!!!!  It just sucks that I have to start all over again.

Reply #37
poor bird :(

ShadowMSC.com < < Still Under Construction

R.I.P. 'Zump' 8/29/86 - 11/11/11
3- 87 TC's / 1 really mean 83 Capri RS / 94 Sonoma SAS Project on 37x12.50 TSL Radials / 88 S10 that's LITERALLY cut to pieces / 84 F150 SAS, 351M, 39.5 TSL's / 85 Toyota regular cab, 22R 5spd, 3/4" drop, my little junkyard save/daily driver

Reply #38
It's good your son is fine. He's a little harder to replace than a T-bird.

That being said no matter how much he hates it buy him a minivan or another really slow car to drive. I'm serious. No Mustang. I know he was screwing around. When I first got my license I did stupid  all the time. It's because he's 16 and feels that he'll never die. That's why my first car was a 1987 Plymouth Voyager with a 2.6 Mitsu I4. It had a 2bbl carb and all of 98 hp. It's really hard to speed or do stupid things in a 98 hp mini van. I know if I had my T-bird for the first year I drove (even when it was stock) I would have wrapped it around a pole..... Kids do stupid things with cars. We all did when we were 16 :D. Now make him pay for the replacement T-bird and to bring it up to the condition of the one he wreaked. That will teach him a lesson.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #39
Quote from: V8Demon;384809

Collector insurance is a good idea for a car like yours. I have it on mine. If something happens to it I get the agreed value of the car, not a check for $500 from a big insurance company because that's what they say it's "worth".
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #40
I can understand the temptation to let your boy drive something like that. I mean, just the fact that he thinks it's an awesome car, is nice to hear by today's standards. I'll remember this as a lesson to quell my temptations when they reach driving age. I wrecked my friend's Mom's 1987 Regal when I was 16. Now that could possibly have been a worse message to relay. I had to tell his Mom face-to-face what I had done... but I still swear it wasn't my fault!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #41
My first car is my '84 Cougar, and there is no way my sons will drive that thing without me in the passenger seat. Let alone that right now it has only 130hp 5.0L. My Dad has a '70 Chevelle SS 396 and I have learned from that car how power is scary. I've only ever been in one accident, but it wasn't my fault and I've only ever spun sideways in any vehicle. People are different and I love my kids, but they would be grounded for life with no parole.
"Real cars dont power the front wheels, they lift them"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1984 Mercury Cougar GS 5.0:cougarsmily: BBK Equal Length Shorties, BBK O/R X-Pipe, Magnaflow Magnapacks, Mustang GT Stainless Tailpipes, 18" Magnaflow Rolled Edge Tips. Turbo Coupe Hood, Mach 1 Chin Spoiler. 17"x9" Cobra R's, Falken Ziex 255/50s, and 245/45s.
1984 Ford Thunderbird 3.8L "Drag Queen"
2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Lone Star Edition 5.7L Hemi 400hp, lex DOD14M Magnaflow retro-fit ler kit

Reply #42
Thank God your son it's ok.

My first car was a 1988 Merkur XR4TI "very hard car"... with 18 year old my life was a dangerous game.

young people have a lot of courage...

Reply #43
the first car i drove was a hyundai accent :giggle: that lasted a week, then i was driving my bronco :) kind of hard to wreck a truck that was built to take a beating with a stock motor, stock gears and 35's LOL
ShadowMSC.com < < Still Under Construction

R.I.P. 'Zump' 8/29/86 - 11/11/11
3- 87 TC's / 1 really mean 83 Capri RS / 94 Sonoma SAS Project on 37x12.50 TSL Radials / 88 S10 that's LITERALLY cut to pieces / 84 F150 SAS, 351M, 39.5 TSL's / 85 Toyota regular cab, 22R 5spd, 3/4" drop, my little junkyard save/daily driver

Reply #44
At least your son is alright, cars can be replaced even though it sucks.  I'd probably be doing what you're doing looking for a donor body.
Matt
1984 Thunderbird - 89 302 HO, GT40 heads w/ Trick Flow springs, E303 cam, Edelbrock Performer 289 intake and 600 cfm 4bbl, Mustang headers, Jegs o/r H pipe, Dynomax lers, Mustang AOD and shifter, Mustang 8.8 w/ 3.73s, 3G alternator, Mustang front and rear sway bars, KYB 87-88 Turbo Coupe shocks and struts, and 11" front brakes.

1988 Mustang GT - GT40 heads, Explorer intake, 70mm throttle body, 70mm MAF, Crane 1.7 rrs, E303 cam, Kirban Kwik shifter w/ Pro 5.0 deluxe handle, aluminum clutch quadrant and firewall adjuster, o/r h pipe, Dynomax lers, 3G alternator, aluminum radiator, and 3.27 gears.

1986 Cougar 5.0, 1989 Mark VII LSC 5 speed, 1980 Mercury Zephyr 4 door (sold)