Skip to main content
Topic: New to the forum pic of the new ride (Read 4921 times) previous topic - next topic

New to the forum pic of the new ride

Reply #15
with a little work, that little 4cyl could be putting down 5.0 stangs ;)
ShadowMSC.com < < Still Under Construction

R.I.P. 'Zump' 8/29/86 - 11/11/11
3- 87 TC's / 1 really mean 83 Capri RS / 94 Sonoma SAS Project on 37x12.50 TSL Radials / 88 S10 that's LITERALLY cut to pieces / 84 F150 SAS, 351M, 39.5 TSL's / 85 Toyota regular cab, 22R 5spd, 3/4" drop, my little junkyard save/daily driver

Reply #16
Quote from: Shadow;384316
with a little work, that little 4cyl could be putting down 5.0 stangs ;)
Yeah but she is still missing 4 cylinders

Reply #17
i hear ya.. i threw away my 1st 2.3T for a smallblock.. but i decided to give my 2nd 1 a chance lol.. but with turbo and intercooler upgrades, you can gain quite a bit

3- 87 TC's / 1 really mean 83 Capri RS / 94 Sonoma SAS Project on 37x12.50 TSL Radials / 88 S10 that's LITERALLY cut to pieces / 84 F150 SAS, 351M, 39.5 TSL's / 85 Toyota regular cab, 22R 5spd, 3/4" drop, my little junkyard save/daily driver

Reply #18
Very clean car, it would be a shame to chop that one.  Welcome to the site
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My Bebe! 1980 Thunderbird, 302 & AOD are the only option boxes checked

Reply #19
Quote from: sinista chicken;384320
very clean car, it would be a shame to chop that one.  Welcome to the site

x 1,000
...and there was light!

Reply #20
Quote from: Sinista Chicken;384320
Very clean car, it would be a shame to chop that one.  Welcome to the site
I dont have to cut it up but it does need some horsepower. I feel more guilty modifying the car the way it sits .It is stock stock stock but I am chompin at the bit  to start tweakin things and the #1 thing is that motor .But my wife is holding me back and wont let me touch it she is just in love with the car .If this freaks you out you should have saw the 1992 MARK VIII with 53k on it that I yanked the motor and drive train out of  for my mustang .

Reply #21
The autos were detuned from the factory. You would be surprised how much of a difference a t-5, manual boost controller, K&N cone, and a 3 inch exhaust would make!

This would be a great place to start.
http://www.turbotbird.com/techinfo/Mods/Mods01.htm
...and there was light!

Reply #22
Quote from: T-BirdX3;384328
The autos were detuned from the factory. You would be surprised how much of a difference a t-5, manual boost controller, K&N cone, and a 3 inch exhaust would make!

This would be a great place to start.
http://www.turbotbird.com/techinfo/Mods/Mods01.htm
Yeah thats fine but thats not for me I dont even want to touch it the way it is .I been made to feel guilty by my friends and wife they say the car is to nice to touch .But For some reason I have no problem yankin the motor and trans and replacing it with something else a 4.6 would be a cool swap and would look real nice .But for now it is safe my wife would be pissed

Reply #23
This is where all the drivetrain out  of the mark VIII went

c

Reply #24
Quote from: Porkchopper;384325
If this freaks you out you should have saw the 1992 MARK VIII with 53k on it that I yanked the motor and drive train out of  for my mustang .

doesn't bother me, i only like the fox birds/capris lol

Reply #25
As long as the doesnt die, why not do an engine swap. I agree with porkchopper, put the 2.3 in the rail and drop a 5.0 or 5.8 in. I've always wanted to put a 2.3 in a dragster.
88 Cougar LS 5.0 .030 over, ported E7s with GT40 valves & trickflow springs, Proform roller rockers, HO cam, removed air silencer, K&N filter, smog pump delete, 2.25" dual flowmasters, Pacestter H-pipe & headers, HO computer, 65mm TB, Explorer intake, 19# injecters, 3.45s, rebuilt posi, and TCI shift kit.

Reply #26
Very nice bird! I'd hate to see it get stripped but it's yours to do what you please to it.

Reply #27
More pics of the Mustang! 

If the car is under your wife's protection you might as well play with the 2.3 for a little while.  You might just like it although a unique engine swap would be cool too.
1986 Mercury Cougar - 2.3T/T5 swap, TC brakes and suspension and rearend, 3" exhaust, 255 lph fuel pump, Stinger BOV, Gillis MBC @ 18 psi
2003 Chevy Suburban Z71 - Daily driver
2015 Chevy Volt - Wife's daily driver

Reply #28
Quote from: Porkchopper;384330
Yeah thats fine but thats not for me I dont even want to touch it the way it is .I been made to feel guilty by my friends and wife they say the car is to nice to touch .But For some reason I have no problem yankin the motor and trans and replacing it with something else a 4.6 would be a cool swap and would look real nice .But for now it is safe my wife would be pissed

I always thought a twin turboed 351 would look nice between the shock towers:D
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My Bebe! 1980 Thunderbird, 302 & AOD are the only option boxes checked

Reply #29
Quote from: Loaded87IROC;384370
If the car is under your wife's protection you might as well play with the 2.3 for a little while.  You might just like it although a unique engine swap would be cool too.

at least it would be beefed up a bit before you put it in the sand rail lol