Skip to main content
Topic: , if only I wasn't saving for a house... (Read 1938 times) previous topic - next topic

, if only I wasn't saving for a house...

Reply #15
If you already have to find storage for a vehicle and a bunch of stuff it shouldn't be too terribly difficult to find a place for one more car.  You could just pretend the car costs 2300 or so and put the extra 300 toward a storage unit for a few months.  I would buy it.
1986 Mercury Cougar - 2.3T/T5 swap, TC brakes and suspension and rearend, 3" exhaust, 255 lph fuel pump, Stinger BOV, Gillis MBC @ 18 psi
2003 Chevy Suburban Z71 - Daily driver
2015 Chevy Volt - Wife's daily driver

Reply #16
yeah right TC,,  you've had an itch for a 20th for how long now?  wasnt it a few months ago you posted that you got behind one to follow it and stuff?

2grand,, do it while you can....your right ,, it wont happen again.

Reply #17
Yeah, you definitely can't pass this one up. We all know and love that car,,,Even if it IS a cougar!  :D
1983 Tbird with '03 Split Port V6 motor swap done! Headers, dual exhaust, 500CFM Edelbrock, 3G upgrade, Electric fan. 3.73 Gears and an FRPP Limited Slip. Five lug complete! 5-Speed conversion complete! Standalone Fuel Injection in progress...

Reply #18
I think you have two choices.  Buy your dream car for a steal, or....regret not ever seeing one again that cheap (and near you) for the rest of your life.  I'd say go for it!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

My Bebe! 1980 Thunderbird, 302 & AOD are the only option boxes checked

Reply #19
^^^^^^^ I agree

I found my dream car last year and could not pass it up due to the fact that I know I would never find another one like it...

Reply #20
Surely there's a way to get it, and make something work...sell one of the other vehicles...a nice clean 20th doesn't just drop in your lap...especially not in your area, I'd wager.
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

Reply #21
You GOTTA be able to dicker him down a little. Obviously a motivated seller...if you got it for 1500, you could definitely offload it in a hurry and break even or come out ahead just a little in case of an emergency.
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane