Skip to main content
Topic: , if only I wasn't saving for a house... (Read 1937 times) previous topic - next topic

, if only I wasn't saving for a house...

I want this. Bad. This was a forum member's car, and is an unbelieveable deal that will probably never come up again...

http://novascotia.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehicles-cars-trucks-1987-Mercury-Cougar-Coupe-W0QQAdIdZ356723082
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #1
well, you can buy a house anytime....finding a nice cougar comes around once in a while....
;)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #3
what's $2000 compared to the price of a house
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Join us on Facebook

Reply #4
Get it. <-note the period ;-)
If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't f**k with 'em

Reply #5
Quote from: EricCoolCats;381595
Yep. Don't be a pu$$. :poke:

What he said. Thats a beautiful 20th.
FOXLESS!!

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII

Reply #6
You can sleep in your car, but you sure as heck can't drive your house...

Reply #7
Quote from: TurboCoupe50;381615
You can sleep in your car, but you sure as heck can't drive your house...

Thats what I was gonna say :p
--Steve
[thread=28690]1988 Cougar V6[/thread]
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

Reply #8
It's not just the money thing, though - it's also the "what the hell am I going to do with a fourth vehicle once I sell the house I'm in" factor. I've pretty much decided my next house will be a new build, and I'll be of "no fixed address" for a few months once the current house sells. I've only got parking for two vehicles at my parents' house where I'll be staying during the homeless transition. That means I've already got to find a place to store one of my vehicles, plus a shiznit-ton of household stuff (including a full garage full of equipment and tools).

In other words, even though moneyt isn't really an issue right now (I've got more than enough saved, but right now those savings are earmarked for a house), this car could not have come up at a worse time for me. That being said, if it's still available when I CAN swing it, it will be mine...
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #9
Quote from: Thunder Chicken;381665
....That means I've already got to find a place to store one of my vehicles, plus a shiznit-ton of household stuff (including a full garage full of equipment and tools)....

I'll have to amend my previous reply, then.

Part of the reason I got rid of my '86 Cougar was because of time, or lack there of, to do anything with it. It sat and sat and sat and sat and I did some work to it, then it sat and ...well, you get the point. Next thing you know, "shiznit, it's been a year and I've only got the carpeting and lights off of the car!?"
If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't f**k with 'em

Reply #10
You selling the house and moving in with family?,or do you own land to build now? If you want it bad you'll figure it out.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

Reply #11
Wish I could find one exactly like that here.....
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

Reply #12
I still can't believe such a pristine virgin vehicle was bought and then thrown into the winter after 20+ years of preservation.

You posted it for sale not that long ago, wonder if it's the same owner? Maybe it will be available for a little while...
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Reply #13
It is the same one. He was asking $3800, then $3000, then $2500, and now $2000. It'll probably sell at this price but probably not to someone who will appreciate it...

Reply #14
If you lived closer... you could bring it here until you have your house finished
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[/COLOR]
Join us on Facebook