Skip to main content
Topic: me and my friend having a little fun tonight (Read 3490 times) previous topic - next topic

me and my friend having a little fun tonight

Having a little fun tonight. Ran my sport against my friends 02 turbo maxima. I actually built the maximas turbo manifold and 3" turbo-back exhaust for him. Now he's faster than me.:hick:

Uh, no...

If you want to race on the street with traffic, fine.  It's not going to be seen here, though. 

(Actually, it's not fine)

turbo charged 94 Cobra engine/440cc injectors/megasquirt /5 speed swapped (T5)/maxbox upper intake/70mm PP throttle body/AJE coilovers/2003 Mustang control arms/S.T. sway bars/ES rear control arm bushings/11" brake conversion/manual rack conversion/8.8 TC rear with rear discs and a welded diff/3.73 gears/PLX wideband/199mph speedometer/Aeromotive FPR/CNC hydraulic hand brake/cobra R wheels/....ect.

Reply #1
Street racing is as wrong as xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx  Scott's choice of buttstuffogies.

Mod EDIT - Seriously?  How old are you?
If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't f**k with 'em

Reply #2
excessive moderation?

Pretty sure in the terms of use we all accept, there wasnt a clause on posting street racing... inform me if im wrong?

Dont get me wrong, im all about taking it to the track... but this bugs me.
1988 T-Bird LX- Awaiting HO build, Monster "Eat My Shift" AOD rated 550Hp. BBK ceramic shorties, Jegs mustang (catless) H-Pipe. mustang catback modified axle back for tbird, 94 17" Cobra wheels, 98 'Stang GT 8.8 Traction-lock

Reply #3
There IS a reason that a certain section that contained content which was what I can assume was similar to what was deleted was deep sixed here.  As someone who owns a car website; I can totally understand why this was done.
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #4
The video showed two cars racing down a public street.  Traffic was coming the other way.  It wasn't like they were out in the middle of nowhere just risking their own asses.

This wasn't some unplanned stoplight "race", it was premeditated and they STILL thought it was a good idea to do this on a public street, AND film it.

I also edited Scott D's post, because it was just plan uncalled for.

I've been keeping it low-key lately, but if I need to swing the mod bat around a bit, I will.  Use some common sense, folks.
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo - '85 Marquis LTS - '86 LTD Wagon

Reply #5
you are arguing what I agreed with, street racing isn't good and I do not condone it. Stoplight roll or premeditated.

However, editing the mans post was out of line as far as moderating goes. What are you protecting? Your opinion?

The race already took place, get over yourself.
1988 T-Bird LX- Awaiting HO build, Monster "Eat My Shift" AOD rated 550Hp. BBK ceramic shorties, Jegs mustang (catless) H-Pipe. mustang catback modified axle back for tbird, 94 17" Cobra wheels, 98 'Stang GT 8.8 Traction-lock

Reply #6
How about you go back and read the rules of the forum...

FORUM RULES

Specifically #2 and #4

and #7 if you have any other questions.

Reply #7
are we talking about the original post or the childish reply to it?

I'm talking about wiping the original post... what you did to the f-bomb post is WHAT YOU'RE ACTUALLY SUPPOSED TO DO!

Reply #8
The original post. 

I guess I could've just deleted the entire thing, and forgone all this mess.

We don't condone street racing here, period.

Reply #9
?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? Wtf
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]:ford:87 Turbo Coupe through the floor sub frame connectors, 5.8 swap Ford racing heads Harland sharp 1.6 rockers BBK shorty swap headers 2 1/2 BBk X pipe magnaflow ler's. Megasquirt 2 with 36lbs injectors on hurricane intake with 4150 throttle body.Tremec TKO 600 Quicktime blowsheild spec stage 3 clutch. 3.73 gears and still not done

Reply #10
Next time, just lock it Chuck
We have rules for a reason
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Reply #11
Next time, just lock it Chuck
We have rules for a reason

I understand the rules on the profanity, yet have yet to hear a decent explanation on pulling the video?

I could care less about actually watching the video- I just want to know why you're censoring material that isn't violating the forum rules. That's all.

Reply #12
Finally, while the admins and mods assume no responsibility for the contents of any thread posted within this messageboard, we do reserve the right to edit, move, lock or delete any thread at our sole discretion. This is not likely to happen if the spirit of the old board carries over, but if the situation ever arises you've been informed.

That's why.
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

Reply #13
Quote from: blain_gatterdam;381667
I understand the rules on the profanity, yet have yet to hear a decent explanation on pulling the video?

I could care less about actually watching the video- I just want to know why you're censoring material that isn't violating the forum rules. That's all.

I gave you a decent explanation.  We DO NOT condone street racing here. As V8Demon pointed out, at one time, there was a forum section "On The Street", which the admins have since removed due to the nature of it. Folks do it, but that doesn't mean we're going to stand behind it, and allow a venue for them to post about it. 

That is all the reason I need to give.

Reply #14
Wow! Chuck, there for a minute I thought you were going to say "because I said so". Good job keeping us children in line.