Skip to main content
Topic: I Just Joined (Read 1929 times) previous topic - next topic

I Just Joined

Reply #15
so can anyone answer this. the only difference of the exterior of the t-bird and cougar is the front right?

I Just Joined

Reply #16
i havent got pics yet but ill tell you some things that bother me about it

-looking for new doors
-gotta get new windsheild
-gonna be hard finding mods(if i ever get time to mod it)
and one last thing is it use to die during the summer.. oklahoma weather isnt too well.. thats probably the only major problem with it.. any help?

I Just Joined

Reply #17
Welcome.....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

I Just Joined

Reply #18
Quote from: mcb82gt;381373
Hello and welcome.

Ive been wondering about a 3.8 with a 5 speed swap for a daily driver.  Wonder what the mileage would be??

Talk to CougarSE. He did it. Although judging from all the talk about how 3.8's with AOD get about the same mileage as 5.0's with AOD then I would assume the statement about being the same as a 5.0 with a 5 spd would be about true.
--Steve
[thread=28690]1988 Cougar V6[/thread]
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

I Just Joined

Reply #19
Quote from: Soul;381385
My tbird 96 is 3.8 with 4r70, gets 26. My old 93 cougar with 5.0 ho, and AOD got 24 and I always had my foot in it.

AND WELCOME :D

Really?? my 96 was lucky to get 20...
--Steve
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

I Just Joined

Reply #20
Quote from: Long's88;381425
i havent got pics yet but ill tell you some things that bother me about it

-looking for new doors
-gotta get new windsheild
-gonna be hard finding mods(if i ever get time to mod it)
and one last thing is it use to die during the summer.. oklahoma weather isnt too well.. thats probably the only major problem with it.. any help?

Oklahoma? Hey you're out there by Vinnie! Sorry... :rollin:

As far as it dying in the heat, you'd probably have to be more specific on what it was doing. Could be a few different things.
--Steve
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

I Just Joined

Reply #21
Haha thats why i asked the question.. hopeing you guys can help

I Just Joined

Reply #22
Well it all depends on what you mean by "dying"? Was it overheating? Was it randomly shutting off at idle? Was it just losing power? You gotta be more specific :)
--Steve
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

I Just Joined

Reply #23
haha alright.. i dont really remember.. ill have to see this summer again.. hahahah!

I Just Joined

Reply #24
So here come the pictures. car is outta shape ill say

I Just Joined

Reply #25
its been a week

you guys like the plate?? lol

gonna need a new windsheild..

so the window in the door literary fell down and shattered.. leaving the door window-less.. dont know why it did.. my father say its the door because its old.. but i think it might just be something internal within the door

paint is starting to come off

cracked

the molding somehow dissapperd

thats about it on the car.. the engine is a stock 3.8L v6 so you guys should have a picture on that:P