Skip to main content
Topic: Power Window Delete (Read 3555 times) previous topic - next topic

Power Window Delete

Is there a way to remove power windows from an 88 T-bird and set them up manually? Not sure it's the right section but I'm sure I'll get directed where to go.:bowdown:

Power Window Delete

Reply #1
mustang stuff, i would assume.. going to be doing the same in the future, so i'll definitely be watching this thread
ShadowMSC.com < < Still Under Construction

R.I.P. 'Zump' 8/29/86 - 11/11/11
3- 87 TC's / 1 really mean 83 Capri RS / 94 Sonoma SAS Project on 37x12.50 TSL Radials / 88 S10 that's LITERALLY cut to pieces / 84 F150 SAS, 351M, 39.5 TSL's / 85 Toyota regular cab, 22R 5spd, 3/4" drop, my little junkyard save/daily driver

Power Window Delete

Reply #2
Manual windows were available on birds , they are however, rare
Fox-less at the moment

Power Window Delete

Reply #3
Stang door guts won't work.

FWIW, I'm snagging up some manual window doors for an '87-'88 Tuesday.

I'll let ya have 'em for the all time low price of $499.99

Per side.

:rollin:

Kidding. I might use them in mine, but if you want them bad enough, I'd consider selling them. ONLY reason I'm getting them is because the car they were on is going to the smasher and I know they're ed uncommon.
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

Power Window Delete

Reply #4
Quote from: ThunderbirdSport302;381137
Kidding. I might use them in mine, but if you want them bad enough, I'd consider selling them. ONLY reason I'm getting them is because the car they were on is going to the smasher and I know they're ed uncommon.

would you mind snapping some pics of them, when you get them? i'd like to see exactly how different they are from stang guts.. would like to see what it'd take to make it work

3- 87 TC's / 1 really mean 83 Capri RS / 94 Sonoma SAS Project on 37x12.50 TSL Radials / 88 S10 that's LITERALLY cut to pieces / 84 F150 SAS, 351M, 39.5 TSL's / 85 Toyota regular cab, 22R 5spd, 3/4" drop, my little junkyard save/daily driver

Power Window Delete

Reply #5
I can tell you right now the regulator arms are longer, and the glass mounts via clips with adhesive...last Stang my buddy and I stripped the arms used two small rivets through the glass.....

I've had my eye on this car since 2003 when I first saw it on ebay...they were asking 7K for it, and it supposedly has a "Police Interceptor" 5.0.

Way back when, I emailed them via evilbay, told them there was no such thing ever existed, much less in a late-'80s Ford car...they're complete f*cking morons...it has E6 heads for christ'sakes. I went and looked at it in person. It's an 87, blue interior, was filthier than Motley Crue's tour bus after a groupie orgy....there's a reason they STILL have the car, albeit now without the one-of-none 5.0 PI engine lol.

A friend of mine bought the shell after they pulled the 5.0 to put in a truck...told him to see about the engine harness but if it had one wire cut or a missing connector to just get me the doors.

I shoulda been more on top of this car.... :(
'98 Explorer 5.0

Power Window Delete

Reply #6
so that's it? just the clips and longer arms? i assume the birds have the longer arms?

Power Window Delete

Reply #7
Pretty much, yeah.

My '90 Stang has power windows, but it's wrapped up in a bag or I'd get your pics lol
'98 Explorer 5.0

Power Window Delete

Reply #8
lol i'll see for sure soon.. ripping my power windows out of my black car and want to go manual for those hot days at the track.. i have a spare pass side for my capri.. thanks

/thread highjack lol

Power Window Delete

Reply #9
The 83-86's had holes in the glass and you could stick a bolt through them. That is how I fixed the power windows on my dads 86 with power windows. The manuals in the 83-86's were much more common (though still rare) and used a different style then the 87-88's. Howesver, the 83-86 doors will swap with 87-88's, not sure if the internals will though.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Power Window Delete

Reply #10
the easiest way to swap to manual windows would be to trade your power window setup for my manual window setup :D
--Steve
[thread=28690]1988 Cougar V6[/thread]
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

Power Window Delete

Reply #11
Forgot all about this, lol.

Picked up those doors with the manual windows monday. Doors are shiznit, but the glass and the mechanisms are great.
They'll go in my pile-o-parts that's slowly growing that will be used when my Sport gets put together.
'98 Explorer 5.0

Power Window Delete

Reply #12
Just Curious >>>>> WHY!!!!!!!!!!!
I spend money I don't have, To build  cars I don't need, To impress people I don't know

HAVE YOU DRIVEN A FORD LATELY!!

Power Window Delete

Reply #13
For me I'm getting sick of chasing wires, dealing with switch issues, and motor problems. I like the reliability of a manual window.

Power Window Delete

Reply #14
Something different, I guess.....I dunno. Never had manual windows in any of my Birds before...so why not! lol
'98 Explorer 5.0