Skip to main content
Topic: 2 Explorer upper/lower intakes, Edelbrock carb, etc. (Read 1058 times) previous topic - next topic

2 Explorer upper/lower intakes, Edelbrock carb, etc.

Intake set 1: I was told this is from a '96 Explorer...not 100% sure that's true though.

The second set. I pulled this one myself, and it is from a '99, so it has the internal EGR style, which the previous set does NOT.

Also, I have an Edelbrock carb that needs a home:

I also have a pair of faded but otherwise great shape headrests from TC seats. They were Raven, but now they're faded.

Billet dual point distributor, Mallory brand:

I don't have ALL the bolts to the intakes, or either plaque, but if someone wants an HO plaque, I'll throw it in with the first intake that is bought.

$100.00 for each set (upper and lower), not including shipping.
$50.00 for the distributor
$10.00 for the headrests
$100.00 for the carb

I'm not trying to get rich off of this stuff, just need to get some funds to put to the Mustang

Located in Laclede, Missouri, and I can be emailed directly at my username AT gmail DOT com.
These are also listed for sale locally and via craigslist.

Thanks, Beau.
PS, my email is my username AT gmail DOT com
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Reply #2
Yes sir. I can go snap some pics right now if you'd like...?

When I was checking out of the yard they day I got the heads and intakes, they were going to charge me something like 65 dollars for all eight injectors....so I yanked 'em out and left them on their counter....
Just letting you know before, in case that's a factor.
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Reply #3
Bump for pics...and here's an idea.

I'm going to the yard saturday or sunday to grab 2 more explorer  intakes. If I can find a mark 7 for the axles and rear brakes, then  that's all I'm gonna get, otherwise, I'll have a couple more  intakes...this time I'll also get one set of injectors, and I will take a  zip lock bag to keep the bolts in and put 'em in my tool bag so I won't  forget them.

If there's anybody interested in an intake, let me know ASAP. If the  price on the explorer throttle bodies aren't too terribly high, I may  grab at least one of those, as well.

There's NO fox tbirds or cougars at pick n pull, according to their  online inventory, the other place..it's WYSIWYG. So feel free to post if  you need some smaller things, and I'll see what i can arrange, should  there be a fox.

I need to raise about 150 bucks so i can finish my 5.0 engine install in  the mustang, and I figured I would give everyone here a crack at  explorer stuff first. If there's serious interest, I'll sell 'em for 100  bucks...that's the upper/lower, plaque, and bolt, and not including  shipping. If you're tight on cash, but will take one a little later, I  can wait for a few weeks, too. Otherwise I'll list 'em on ebay.

If I could sell 3....well, that would be awesome possum. Normally I  don't acquire and sell stuff to for a profit, but i REALLY want to get  the stanger going with a V8 before april.
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Reply #4
I'm tempted...really I am. How much better are these compared to the stock H.O. intakes?
2002 Honda Civic EX

1984 Ford Thunderbird Elan
5.0 CFI, T5, Dual Exhaust

Reply #5
Internally...they're nearly identical to a Cobra intake. Some folks prefer them over the Cobra because they can be extrude honed a little more due to thicker casting.

I can't say what they'd do for hp/trq on a stock HO, and obviously the more mods you have (cam, heads, exhaust) the more you'll benefit.
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Reply #6
Do you have any internal egr explorer intakes?

Reply #7
I've one of each at the moment...
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Reply #8
Either one still available?  Can you get a set of gt40 or gt40p heads from where these intakes came from?
Thanks! Tim

Reply #9
How much do they charge for the gt40p heads? I need another set us an intake

Reply #10
Yup, still have both intakes, and might consider selling my P heads as well.
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Reply #11
Price on the heads??
1988 T-Bird Sport Coupe--5.0 HO, MAF swap, 1-5/8" shorties, BBK/Flowmaster exhaust, Explorer intake, 70mm Edelbrock TB, T5, B&M short throw, Centerforce clutch and PP, disc brake TC rear w/ 3.55's, TC front brakes, '98 Cobra springs, DIY SFC's, other misc .  14.05 @ 98mph with launching too low and shifting too high.

Reply #12
Pm sent

Reply #13
PM sent, and replied to.
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Reply #14
You have a PM.
95 Ranger Splash 2.3
88 Tbird Sport :ies::ies:
5.0 SO, stainless shorty headers, w/ Magnaflow lers. KYB struts, KYB shocks. 5lug conversion from sn95 Mustang, subframe connectors, drilled and slotted rotors, 03 Mach 1 wheels. sequential taillights.140 speedo