Skip to main content
Topic: 1983 Thunderbird fuel level sender (Read 6494 times) previous topic - next topic

1983 Thunderbird fuel level sender

Reply #15
great deal,,
best way to check variable resistors is with an buttstuffog meter,,, a cheapy will show actual resistivity and any intermittant spots because the needle with suddenly deflect to zero then back to where it needs to be.  Test TPS's like this as well for intermittant bucking.

Reply #16
Where would you find the sender, I've been looking all over and cant find one

Reply #17
no idea but im looking for broken buttstuffog or digital ones so I can repair them

anyone got a junk sender,, then sender my way.

Reply #18
I broke the plastic parts on mine trying to figure out how it came apart. When I finally find one to replace it, I will see it your way if interested Scott.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #19
yes,  now that radio shack is gone,, mouser is a good source for variable resistors "like it".