Skip to main content
Topic: Hard to find parts that i should keep? (Read 1196 times) previous topic - next topic

Hard to find parts that i should keep?

Friday i will be stripping a tbird for a few parts and then sending it to the junk yard. What parts should i keep from it that are normally hard to find or extremely rare? Its most likely a 3.8 from what i can tell, it had column shift and the seat mounted to the controls, like my old one had.

thanks,
mike

Re: Hard to find parts that i should keep?

Reply #1
Horn button ring. And anything else you may need some where down the road.

Reply #2
tail lights, corner lights, headlights if their in good shape, maybe door lock actuators, or power window motors, power mirrior, power antenna

Reply #3
What year and model?

Are you thinking stuff that's going to be worth big bucks someday, or stuff you know is going to break or wear out and you wish you had a spare?

Mirrors, head/tail/marker lights, power lock solenoids (or the whole lock harness, relays and all), door windows ( clips), gauge cluster (buttstuffog?), motor mounts (5.0), signal and wiper switches + their plugs.

I'd just take a big laundry basket and start tossing in the fiddly little parts until it was full. Unless you have room for fenders and doors in your closet.
Death awaits you all with nasty, big, pointy teeth.

1988 5.0 Bird, mostly stock, partly not, now gone to T-Bird heaven.
1990 Volvo 740GL. 114 tire-shredding horsies, baby!

Reply #4
tail lights, corner lights,
, you beat me.
But my post is bigger!  :flip:
Death awaits you all with nasty, big, pointy teeth.

1988 5.0 Bird, mostly stock, partly not, now gone to T-Bird heaven.
1990 Volvo 740GL. 114 tire-shredding horsies, baby!

Reply #5
Quote from: MasterBlaster
, you beat me.

you know you like it :rollin:  :headbang:

forgot to add, maybe sunvisors if their lit, even if their not, iv seen the mirrors brake all the time, and the over head light to, the plastic brakes alot around hear, i'v only seen one or 2 that are in good shape.

Reply #6
yeah thought about headlights and taillights but their not in good shape at all on this car. So see what else i can get one window i know is broken so theres go that motor most likely.

Reply #7
By not in good shape, do you mean cracked, or just foggy and dirty? I need tails, in a bad way.

Reply #8
it only has the right side tail which seemed okay, hmm the front headlights were really foggy yellowish.

Reply #9
take the lights anways, if you dont want em, ship em to me
It's Gumby's fault.