Skip to main content
Topic: 87/88 'Bird sheet metal-Freeu-haul only (Read 750 times) previous topic - next topic

87/88 'Bird sheet metal-Freeu-haul only

I have two TC hoods, 1 clean trunk lid, 1 pair of maroon fenders w/cornering light holes, power antenae still attached, and one nice while drivers side fender.
Free, uhaul away. If it's not gone late next week, it goes with the TC carcass to the recylcler. Hate to do it, but I no longer have the room.
88 TC 5speed, 168000+ miles, stock 2.3T long block, ported RFE6 exhaust, Evergreen T3 running 15#'s.
Up next: FMIC, fresh air intake, ported intakes, ported big valve head.

Reply #2
I don't have any pics. It's tucked in the back of the shed. Some peeling clear coat and faded paint, but no rust when I tucked it away. That's why I kept it. Now that the 'Bird is going, I'd like the shed space back.
88 TC 5speed, 168000+ miles, stock 2.3T long block, ported RFE6 exhaust, Evergreen T3 running 15#'s.

Reply #3
Well unfortunately after I pulled a map up, she's not in the mood for that long of a road trip right now. So as much as I dont want to Im gonna have to pass.

Reply #5
I haven't a clue. I was hoping to be down that way at Thanksgiving, but that didn't happen.

Reply #6
Hey John. Do you still have that stuff or am I too late?
Junkyard Cat

Reply #7
It's all here. Come get it. I'm in the mood to purge the Tbird/TC stuff.

Reply #8
So are not willing to ship at all ?
What color are the 2 hoods ?

Reply #9
Quote from: 2tbirds;379358
So are not willing to ship at all ?
What color are the 2 hoods ?

The hoods are silver, and maroon.
And no, I won't ship free parts. If I have to go through the trouble of packing and shipping something like a hood, deck lid, or fender, it isn't going to be free. And no, I won't drive somewhere on Saturday or Sunday to drop off free parts or meet for a pick up.
Due to work issues, I get to see my wife two, or at best three, days a week, during the weekend.
Now, if someone would like to cover my gas, and compensate me for my drive time, I'll consider it. But that's not going to happen.
I'm not building 'Birds anymore, so it's going to go.

Reply #10
I wouldn't mind paying you a fee for one of the hoods if shipping  is not too drastic.
The way I see it is you will probably end up having to haul it off if no one else is interested anyway.
I'm going to check UPS for a estimate just because I have nothing better to do at the moment.
If the shipping cost is not too much then I'll check back later to see how you feel.
Take care

Reply #11
I would be interested in paying for a hood as well if its not dinged up
2011 Grabber Blue 5.0, 3D500 spoiler, CS valance, GT premium, interior upgrade package, Brembos, MT-82 and Whipple powered

88 TC work in progress

01 cobra: traded

Sold: 93 LX Modular 4v swap
Sean Hyland Motorsport forged rotating assembly, Teksid block, 01 cobra heads, cams and intake