Skip to main content
Topic: Pics of the new (turbo motor) (Read 2547 times) previous topic - next topic

Pics of the new (turbo motor)

Reply #15
the numbers through a 5 speed where 434hp so thats pretty close to 500 to the fly wheel. It is a stock block to.
Cougar on a diet to suck gas and haul ass!

Cain, Pony Express Racing

Reply #16
is that a custon kit? or a company made it? i would love to go turbo or procharger but more turbo lol good luck with it

Reply #17
i believe it is a kit but i am not sure who made it.  ONLY running five pounds of boost he made 398 to the wheels through a tko600. I can go higher in boost but for now i am probably going to leave it, I am still confident that i will be well into the elevens with this setup accept it is going to be blow through carb setup.

Reply #18
take it from me, as i have been there with the blow through setup.. DON'T unless you're going to run a wideband A/F gauge.. without it, tuning is a BITCH (sorry chuck :p ) and if you're not carb savvy, it's going to be a complete nightmare for you.. simple jet changes aren't going to be the only tuning adjustments you'll be making on an (almost) weekly basis

what amount of boost was it pushing when it made +/- 500 at the flywheel? if i were you, i'd take his psi from that dyno pull and drop it 2-3psi to let that block live a little longer.. i'd also recommend saving your pennies for a DART block, it'll be the absolute best choice of your life in terms of running a boosted 5.0
ShadowMSC.com < < Still Under Construction

R.I.P. 'Zump' 8/29/86 - 11/11/11
3- 87 TC's / 1 really mean 83 Capri RS / 94 Sonoma SAS Project on 37x12.50 TSL Radials / 88 S10 that's LITERALLY cut to pieces / 84 F150 SAS, 351M, 39.5 TSL's / 85 Toyota regular cab, 22R 5spd, 3/4" drop, my little junkyard save/daily driver

Reply #19
thanks for the suggestions I have heard all the issues with the blow through setup and i know what all has to be modified to the carb, But i am carb savvy and i am not efi savvy. The boost was at five ponds when he drove it, That seens like a safe place to leave it.

Reply #20
i wasn't really efi savvy either, until i got into F.A.S.T. and mega squirt.. both are awesome in my book
ShadowMSC.com < < Still Under Construction

R.I.P. 'Zump' 8/29/86 - 11/11/11
3- 87 TC's / 1 really mean 83 Capri RS / 94 Sonoma SAS Project on 37x12.50 TSL Radials / 88 S10 that's LITERALLY cut to pieces / 84 F150 SAS, 351M, 39.5 TSL's / 85 Toyota regular cab, 22R 5spd, 3/4" drop, my little junkyard save/daily driver