Skip to main content
Topic: Dpfe (Read 5036 times) previous topic - next topic

Dpfe

Reply #15
Has all of the emission control stuff been removed?

Dpfe

Reply #16
The 232cu In engine that is factory in the cougar/T-Bird is totally different than what was in the Jaguars, the Ford 232 wasn't designed till the early 80s...

If it has a Jag engine swapped into it(doubtful), then we aren't going to be able to help you...

Dpfe

Reply #17
dude quit wasting time on the 3.8. its a boat anchor. find a 302 v8 out of a mustang gt or a Lincoln mark 7 and swap the motor. if you still insist on keeping the peice of  3.8 v6 then google  Morana v6 racing, the guy has built a legitimate 10 second naturally aspirated v6 mustang. he is located in Canada and custom builds performance parts for the 3.8 ford v6. if you still cant figure it out send me a message and ill try to help you get the cougar running. im a service manager at Firestone and i have access to mitchell on demand as well as the fact that ive built several of the fox chassis cougars. let me know.

Dpfe

Reply #18
I think the biggest problem here is a language barrier. I was think that it might be a 99-02 cougar for a while, with the sensor pictures I found. But then the codes wouldn't make any sense.

Maybe google translate would help here.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Dpfe

Reply #19
hmm.. someone's severely opinionated and 1-sided..
ShadowMSC.com < < Still Under Construction

R.I.P. 'Zump' 8/29/86 - 11/11/11
3- 87 TC's / 1 really mean 83 Capri RS / 94 Sonoma SAS Project on 37x12.50 TSL Radials / 88 S10 that's LITERALLY cut to pieces / 84 F150 SAS, 351M, 39.5 TSL's / 85 Toyota regular cab, 22R 5spd, 3/4" drop, my little junkyard save/daily driver

Dpfe

Reply #20
Quote from: ACCEPT;373228
232' V6.

I' have 2 solenoid EGR

this is the DPFE

And this is the sensor solenoid.

now i' try to change the second...

Thank you for the answer

If your car has this EGR vacuum regulator and the pressure feed back type of EGR sensor, it is probably an 88 Cougar and not an 87.
Can you post the VIN number so we can confirm the model year?
Can you also post a picture of the engine bay?

Dpfe

Reply #21
Quote from: Shadow;373296
hmm.. someone's severely opinionated and 1-sided..

No doubt, plus the poster is in Chile and just wants the car to run, not be a hotrod... I doubt even 5.0 are abundant down there...

Dpfe

Reply #22
Will a 5.0 fix paint scratches too???...........but seriously, could Accept be going by build date instead of model year? I don't know if all countries have a difference between them like we do. I always thought the practice was strange and confusing.

Dpfe

Reply #23
there may be a lot of mechanical differences with his car, beings it's not a US car
ShadowMSC.com < < Still Under Construction

R.I.P. 'Zump' 8/29/86 - 11/11/11
3- 87 TC's / 1 really mean 83 Capri RS / 94 Sonoma SAS Project on 37x12.50 TSL Radials / 88 S10 that's LITERALLY cut to pieces / 84 F150 SAS, 351M, 39.5 TSL's / 85 Toyota regular cab, 22R 5spd, 3/4" drop, my little junkyard save/daily driver

Dpfe

Reply #24
My guess is it's a US spec/built vehicle, most stuff built in South America was still running carbs in the late '80s...

Dpfe

Reply #25
Judging by the parts he is asking about, this has to be a fuel injected car. There may be a lot of differences between his car and our US ones. We should still try to help him the best we can. We just need lots of info and pics. It sickens me that someone would suggest a 5.0 upgrade. He wants to fix what he has. We must remember the cost may be very high due to shipping.

Dpfe

Reply #26
...not to mention fuel prices, possible taxes on larger engines, etc. But yeah, we need more info. Different markets had different fuel systems, for example, Canadian 3.8 cars had carburetors standard through 1986 with cfi being optional. Accept, if you could post a pic of your engine as well as where those parts mount if would be a great help
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Dpfe

Reply #27
Dear sirs, I appreciate your prompt answer.
I'd like you help me to solve some problems about my car, Cougar ls 3.8 1987 :

I change this solenoid and its doesnt work.

I think the next step is to change the another solenoid.

additional information:

My car was made in U.S. With a fuel injection system.

i would like to repair this engine, because of the relation weight versus power is good.

Dpfe

Reply #28
Neither of those two pictures is the DPFE (DELTA PRESSURE FEEDBACK EGR). The first picture you have is the Electronic Vacuum Regulator Solenoid. The second picture is of a Manifold Pressure/Vacuum Sensor.

Dpfe

Reply #29
Quote from: glenn-ho;373443
Neither of those two pictures is the DPFE (DELTA PRESSURE FEEDBACK EGR). The first picture you have is the Electronic Vacuum Regulator Solenoid. The second picture is of a Manifold Pressure/Vacuum Sensor.

And neither would prevent the car from running, nor would the DPFE...