Skip to main content
Topic: Who has sequential tail lights? (Read 3492 times) previous topic - next topic

Who has sequential tail lights?

Reply #15
Carm, you should make them again. Sell them through me, it would be cheaper, and you can have the profits. I just want one free kit.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #16
So I took the Cat out tonight and drove it around, and made a few videos of the exhaust. While I was re-watching the videos I noticed that Carm's sequential kit makes the brake lights sequence when they illuminate, the speed is very fast and almost unnoticeable. I was rewinding and happened to notice only one bulb on each side lit up. I'll be honest I started giggling with exitement! I LOVE MY CAR!!!!!!
"Real cars dont power the front wheels, they lift them"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1984 Mercury Cougar GS 5.0:cougarsmily: BBK Equal Length Shorties, BBK O/R X-Pipe, Magnaflow Magnapacks, Mustang GT Stainless Tailpipes, 18" Magnaflow Rolled Edge Tips. Turbo Coupe Hood, Mach 1 Chin Spoiler. 17"x9" Cobra R's, Falken Ziex 255/50s, and 245/45s.
1984 Ford Thunderbird 3.8L "Drag Queen"
2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Lone Star Edition 5.7L Hemi 400hp, lex DOD14M Magnaflow retro-fit ler kit

Reply #18
Its on my list of things to do
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]:ford:87 Turbo Coupe through the floor sub frame connectors, 5.8 swap Ford racing heads Harland sharp 1.6 rockers BBK shorty swap headers 2 1/2 BBk X pipe magnaflow ler's. Megasquirt 2 with 36lbs injectors on hurricane intake with 4150 throttle body.Tremec TKO 600 Quicktime blowsheild spec stage 3 clutch. 3.73 gears and still not done

Reply #19
Quote from: sarjxxx;373842
Vinnie I has sequentials.

http://www.foxtbirdcougarforums.com/showthread.php?31395-How-to-install-the-STS-1-tallight-kit-from-webelectricproducts

...complete with video. somewhere in that thread.

Is the speed controlled? Meaning, can you adjust the speed?
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #20
the speed of the sequence is not adjustable. You may be able to write the guy and ask him to make a set that is a little slower. But witht the standard kit, the only thing adjustable is how long the blinker stays on, which is controlled by whatever flasher unit you use. If you look at my video, at the part where I step on the brakes, you can see how long it actually takes. My flasher is a tiny bit fast, so the third light doesn't quite get a full flash when I turn on the blinker. You'll just need a slower flasher than what I'm using.
--Steve
[thread=28690]1988 Cougar V6[/thread]
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

Reply #21
HOPEFULLY JPC747 will get with me about his kit. We're missing each other some how when we try to contact one another.

Reply #22
Quote from: nbzimmer;372363
The Cool Cats website has a link to this page, but I don't have any idea if the product is any good. 

Thats the kit i got years ago, its a great kit and ive had no problems from it.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #23
I wanted the kit like I have, but I haven't heard back from JPC647, so I may have to go another route.

Reply #24
Quote from: Weasle;373923
Thats the kit i got years ago, its a great kit and ive had no problems from it.

I may end up with that one as well.

Reply #25
I also have the Cougars Unlimited kit. Have had the kit in the car since 1997, no issues whatsoever. Very easy to install.

Reply #26
i had carmens set in my car back in 2004, had issues with the speed on them. i think i over adjusted. repair the wiring in my car after realizing i only had 9volts going to the brake lights. carm got me a new kit. worked great for 2 years, then the inner circuit on one died.
i just took em out till i was told about we electric products. got there kit in 2007 i think.
been happy with them that i even put them in my daily driver tc.
http://www.webelectricproducts.com kit's speed is controlled by the flasher. and it automatically adjusts to the speed of the flasher
Brian J Larkin
1988 Tbird Turbo Coupe
1989 Cougar XR7
1995  Ranger Splash

Reply #27
I have a kit from Carm installed on my Cougar. It's not too fast for me. The only thing I've noticed is that it looks like the bulb isn't bright enough or the chrome inside the housing has dulled. The outermost light just seems dull. I'll post a pic of The Sequentials, and a link to my video where you see the brake lights sequence when lighting up.
[video=youtube;z-4Ce_AjudI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z-4Ce_AjudI&feature=player_profilepage[/video]
"Real cars dont power the front wheels, they lift them"
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
1984 Mercury Cougar GS 5.0:cougarsmily: BBK Equal Length Shorties, BBK O/R X-Pipe, Magnaflow Magnapacks, Mustang GT Stainless Tailpipes, 18" Magnaflow Rolled Edge Tips. Turbo Coupe Hood, Mach 1 Chin Spoiler. 17"x9" Cobra R's, Falken Ziex 255/50s, and 245/45s.
1984 Ford Thunderbird 3.8L "Drag Queen"
2009 Dodge Ram 1500 Lone Star Edition 5.7L Hemi 400hp, lex DOD14M Magnaflow retro-fit ler kit

Reply #28
I'll have my decision made by the end of the week. Gotta get something going here. I'd like more info on the Cougars Unlimited kit.

Reply #29
I emailed you again vinnie, did it not go through?