Skip to main content
Topic: Progress on the 2.3 (lots of pics) (Read 1158 times) previous topic - next topic

Progress on the 2.3 (lots of pics)

Thought I'd post some pics I snapped today when I was assembling my 2.3.  This engine was out of my 88TC.  It developed real bad blow by and I ran it low on oil one night.  So I got the block checked out, honed, and replaced the gaskets, seals, rings, bearings, etc...  I hope to have her running by Friday night, but I'll probably have to be a spectator on Saturday night at the import vs. domestic event. 

Re: Progress on the 2.3 (lots of pics)

Reply #1
turbo, turbo, turbo, turbo, turbo, turbo......!!!!!!!!!!!
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo - '85 Marquis LTS - '86 LTD Wagon

Reply #2
nice ;)

but is that white lithium grease your useing on those mains and rod bearings? :eek::wtf: :nono:

you might as well use

OR

the ptfe's in that junk is just like the first one when it's heated up hot enough.. ;)

what the hell use..

or pete moss..

use other means to lubricate the bearings..

i don't remember if the oil pump drive is conected to the distributor but if it is this do what us 5.0 guys do and make a drive to conect to a good drill and pump up the oil pressure before starting ;) ..

sorry if my post seems corse like sandpaper but i'm trying to save you the trouble of having to rebuild your motor again because of what you used to pre lubricate your bearings with..

Nick
there's only about a half a dozen man made objects that are herd by the human ear below 40Hz,a pipe organ,thunder,the space shuttle lifting off,a jet airplane taking off or landing,a large canon,an atomic bomb ignited in your back yard and the heat wave afterward oh wait you would be dead so you would'nt hear it scratch that!,and maybe beating your hear against a wall less then 40 times a second..rap music is'nt one of them!thats 40-60Hz@100+db the moving air is under 40Hz

Reply #3

:laughing:

edit:

Hey pics look great... btw.. Sorry Nick got me side tracked
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #4
It's white assembly grease  :flip:

What do you use?

Reply #5
he uses this stuff  :rollin:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Reply #6
Quote from: thunder306
he uses this stuff  :rollin:

:laughing: jack ass :flip:

as long as it is'nt white lithium grease that shiznit is gritty ;)

Quote from: stuntmannick
It's white assembly grease  :flip:

What do you use?

nothing  i just use an old distributor or  the right tool on a drill to prime the oil pump and motor before i start the motor ;)
there's only about a half a dozen man made objects that are herd by the human ear below 40Hz,a pipe organ,thunder,the space shuttle lifting off,a jet airplane taking off or landing,a large canon,an atomic bomb ignited in your back yard and the heat wave afterward oh wait you would be dead so you would'nt hear it scratch that!,and maybe beating your hear against a wall less then 40 times a second..rap music is'nt one of them!thats 40-60Hz@100+db the moving air is under 40Hz

Reply #7
:laughing:  :rollin:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]