Skip to main content
Topic: I had to do it........ (Read 3620 times) previous topic - next topic

I had to do it........

Reply #30
Quote from: jcassity;398018
  Im rock solid 1.6% body fat

Pretty sure 1.6% body fat isn't even possible without being on your death bed.....
...and there was light!

I had to do it........

Reply #31
Uh........ maybe the decimal point needs to disappear from that %. 12% is the minimum for males. I just got an ear-full from my wife when I read that post to her. She was an ICU nurse for 5 yrs, now she's in a surgical interventional office. Just my .02

86' T/C 4.6L DOHC
16' Chebby Cruze 1.4L Turbo
17’ Peterbilt 389 600hp 1850ftlb Trq 18spd

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Heavy Metal Mistress”
[/COLOR][/SIZE]

I had to do it........

Reply #32
using the military neck, waist and chest ratio ,,

does that mean anything to anyone?  im not a doctor but i understand how to use a tape.

the ratio is probably the part the nurse does not understand, perhaps its not accurate to a civilian nurse or comprehension of what the numbers mean.  I do know that when you hit 16% body fat in the navy, you were in the chub club.

most people today are too fat anyway, all the time spent sitting around doesnt help and the kids have more reason to sit and do nothing than ever before.  survival of the fittest i suppose, eventually everyone will learn to get up and do something.

I had to do it........

Reply #33
I wish you weren't so hard headed.......

Your body's organs start to shut down somewhere between 2% and 5%, that happens whether you are in the military or not. Body builders spend months on a very strict diet and workout routine to reach those levels.

Vinnie, glad you are taking the initiative to regain your health! I'm amazed at how few people try to maintain a healthy weight.

Personally, I just lost 20 pounds and am holding steady at 6'4" and 215 pounds.
...and there was light!

I had to do it........

Reply #34
I've been eating well, just portion control and my job is pretty sedentary. Used to lift every day but (and I know its an excuse) I just feel like I have the time for it now. As a result of that and my love of booze I have got a small spare tire starting.
88 Turbocoupe: Coast High Performance 331 kit 28oz balance, Comp XE264HR14 cam, 58cc 185 afr heads, 1.7 roller rockers, Mass-Flo EFI (was POS to setup and their techline is a joke at best)
Full 1 5/8 primary equal length headers, 2 1/2 exhaust, Full manual reverse VB c4 and baked off clear coat "BECAUSE RACECAR"

I had to do it........

Reply #35
Quote from: T-BirdX3;398058
I wish you weren't so hard headed.......

Ill try to get you some physical proof, like my military pt files that i have. Maybe they were doing it wrong but anyone who was military years ago may back me up on this.  sorry to hijack..................good job guys on all the hard work and enjoy yourselves.

I had to do it........

Reply #36
Quote from: jcassity;398172
Ill try to get you some physical proof, like my military pt files that i have.
I hardly think that is necessary.
Quote from: jcassity;398172
Maybe they were doing it wrong but anyone who was military years ago may back me up on this.
I can back you up with regard to the way the Military determined members of the "Chub Club", in decades past, but that doesn't mean that they were doing it right or that it was accurate.  Back in those days we had little else to do while under way for entertainment, besides watching movies and working out.  I can't count on all of my digits how many people were placed on probation for having neck, check and waist sizes larger than "normal", but who could routinely bench and leg press a Mack truck.

I had to do it........

Reply #37
Quote from: 1BadBird;398045
Uh........ maybe the decimal point needs to disappear from that %. 12% is the minimum for males. I just got an ear-full from my wife when I read that post to her. She was an ICU nurse for 5 yrs, now she's in a surgical interventional office. Just my .02

found it,, far cry from what i thought earlier but still a far cry from what is percieved as "min for males" today.    Not sure why the min today is higher than it was 15 or 20 years ago when it was designated as min 6% according to some old medical records i have.  dono, times change i suppose.

this was when i got fat apparently,,LOL
10 and 11%.