Skip to main content
Topic: I had to do it........ (Read 3619 times) previous topic - next topic

I had to do it........

I joined a gym today. It starts Friday. I decided to get back into my military shape, and this was the best way to do it. I have gained a few extra pounds, and although I feel strong, I don't feel as strong as I used to, so I figured that a trainer and routine workout would be a good thing. Updates every other week.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

I had to do it........

Reply #1
Awesome!

I'm going to after the first of the year..
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

I had to do it........

Reply #2
Good for you.  I just cant seem to get the time/motivation lately.  Kids are wearing me out.
Mike

I had to do it........

Reply #3
Quote from: ThunderbirdSport302;368473
Awesome!

I'm going to after the first of the year..

LOL, me tooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!
1986 T-bird
347 stroker motor
185 AFR Heads
TrickFlow cam 224/232-542/563
Victor Jr. intake CNC ported
Quickfuel Holley 800 cfm
Hooker 1-3/4 long tubes
Custom built AOD
B&M 3000 stall
8.8 w/4.30 gears
UPR K-member,A-Arms,and coil-overs
UPR upper/lower control arms
Strange shocks/struts
26x10x15 M/T slicks
11.48@119.27
(coming soon Tremec 3550)
The Finished Product
http://s174.photobucket.com/albums/w92/03grinnie/T-bird/

I had to do it........

Reply #4
That's been my problem. I'm always setting a date in the future to do it. well, tomorrow never comes, so, I made the point to do it now. Otherwise, I'll never get started. So, starting Friday when I am officially "on board", the process starts.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

I had to do it........

Reply #5
Well, it's the 7th of October, and I've been going every weekday for an hour to an hour and a half. I've lost 11 pounds since last Wednesday simply by doing what the trainer tells me to do and changing my diet. I don't have a specific goal as far as weight loss, specific waist size, etc. Just getting in a lot better shape and be happy with the results. I'll keep going and doing all I can. It's already making a big difference. I'm not in killer pain every time I leave the gym now.LOL. For the first few days, pain....a lot of pain. New pain every day. Now, My body is getting used to the workout. I still have a way to go, but eventually, I'll be doing great. I haven't eaten at a fast food place in about 2 weeks. That's awesome for me. I never went a lot, but at least once a week for a burger or something. I've been eating a lot better and find myself eating less and getting full faster. I'm starting to get used to it as far as it becoming more of a daily routine...which is what I want...go to the gym without even thinking about it....I almost talked myself out of it today, but luckily I didn't. That's the kind of habit I have to let go of. Monday he is going to get my measurements and a picture (I'll be keeping my shorts on !!!) so there's something to compare to in the future. I'm kind of curious as well. I am curious to see what kind of results (or lack of....) there will be by the end of the year, then a year from now.

I'm basically just writing as though I'm talking to myself. Burning some energy.

I had to do it........

Reply #6
Your sport might rebel against you for not spending that time with her. Good for you.
Old Grey Cat to this.88 Cat, 5.0 HO, CW mounts, mass air, CI custom cam, afr165's, Tmoss worked cobra intake, BBK shorty's,off road h pipe, magnaflow ex. T-5,spec stage 2 clutch, 8.8 373 TC trac loc, che ajustables with bullits on the rear. 11" brakes up front. +

I had to do it........

Reply #7
Hey Kitz, I've been making sure that she gets quality time, and gym time is in the evening when she's usually resting anyway. She knows there's a new intake coming soon for her as well. I think she's excited.. I can tell by the way she looks at me.

I had to do it........

Reply #8
Im sure she is gonna love you reducing the weight WITHOUT gutting her interior.

I had to do it........

Reply #9
Quote from: Coliosis;369669
Im sure she is gonna love you reducing the weight WITHOUT gutting her interior.

LOL. Very true. Even after a total of 8 days at the gym, and eating a lot better, I'm feeling a lot better already, and my clothes are already fitting better. Hopefully in a couple of more months I'll see a lot bigger difference. I get off work at 3:00 then head to the school to pick my son up at 10 til 4, then at the gym usually by 4:20 or so, work out for 45 minutes to an hour, home, shower, supper, couch and TV.

I had to do it........

Reply #10
 Vinnie, you're always on the go...I thought I had a pretty fast pace, mine just comes at the expense of sleep, though.
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

I had to do it........

Reply #11
I really am on the go a lot. I am gaining lot more energy. Plus, it builds character.

I had to do it........

Reply #12
Today is exactly two weeks (9 days at the gym), and I'm down 155 pounds so far. I  go Monday through Friday, off the weekends from the gym. So far so good.....unless I relapse.....which I'm not planning on doing.

I had to do it........

Reply #13
Quote from: vinnietbird;369908
Today is exactly two weeks (9 days at the gym), and I'm down 155 pounds so far. I  go Monday through Friday, off the weekends from the gym. So far so good.....unless I relapse.....which I'm not planning on doing.

Down 155# in two weeks?  Wow!  ;)

Good work, Vin.  I just took the past week off myself.  After training hard all summer for those 5K trail races and doing that1/2 marathon trail race a week ago...I needed a break.  Back at it now.

Keep at it.
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo - '85 Marquis LTS - '86 LTD Wagon

I had to do it........

Reply #14
First, not 155. LOL. I mis-typed. I'm down 15 pounds (error corrected in my above post). I'm still trying to talk myself out of going from time to time, but I go anyway. I want it to be more of a daily habit/routine, not a c. I'm in the middle right now. I can tell a big difference already.  Thanks for the support Chuck !!! That stuff really does help with the motivation.