Skip to main content
Topic: Must have a horsehoe jammed somewhere... (Read 3055 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: Must have a horsehoe jammed somewhere...

Reply #30
Quote from: EricCoolCats

Back to the virus/spam thing...has anyone gotten the spam written in Cyrillic yet? That's another fun one. At least spammers are broadening our language awareness. ;)

I get one or two a week... :disappoin A couple in puppiesanese and Arabic too even.....
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo - '85 Marquis LTS - '86 LTD Wagon

Reply #31
You guys actually read those Emails? Heh.. I just delete anything that has a name I don't recognize. Since I only use my Email addresses for contacting a couple friends on occasions they're not on ICQ/AIM, or for signing up for forums, (and a couple different newsletters that are clearly labelled on each Email) anything beyond that is spam and just gets deleted without reading.

EDIT: I don't even have preview enabled. That's another way the bad shiznit can get in.

Reply #32
Here's the latest one I got today (if it works: )

Рекламно-производственное бюро "Дан-Пресс"
изготовит для Вас полиэтиленовые пакеты с Вашим логотипом.
 тел. 198 9695, 995 5435 

Красочность/тираж

1+0

2+0

3+0

4+0

Стоимость приведена для стандартного пакета
размером 30х40 см и 40х50 см
белого цвета
плотностью 60 микрон.

На складе имеются  цветные  пакеты и пакеты высокой плотности.
Также предлагаем сувениры с Вашим логотипом по каталогу "Проект 111" - более 2000 наименований со склада.

Хорошие цены на нанесение.

Будем рады слышать Вас по телефонам 198 96 95, 995 54 35

Извините, если это сообщение причинило Вам неудобства.

еьянанзуьеу аопаноу еиосо овиоьтллпя аонй ееодеу ымаывел веаооь
-Jim
1987 Cougar LS 5.0

Reply #33
I didn't buy the Apple flat screen Jim...it was too expensive. :) Well, you said it all in a nutshell. No arguments there. It is a more expensive machine but it works great. And let me tell you, the quality of components used are outstanding. If M$ made their own computer designed specifically for Windows, with their own specific hardware, it would probably be more expensive but I think the PC world would be much better off because of the integration. It's ironic that M$'s only true computer is a gaming machine (Xbox).

Quote from: Bird351
Because Mac-ites are usually fanatics who won't hesitate to throw stones at PCs every chance they get.

That's what happens when Tha Man keeps you down, G.

Now let me ask you: why do you think it is that Mac owners are so ed happy and talking about their computers all the time? Could it be that they actually have a better-built machine? Things that make you go hmmmmm.......

Time to start a new thread on this (yet again). I'm done here.

Reply #34
I might've thought it was a better-built machine back when I followed the PPC 601 and its successors.. but nowadays I hear regular rumblings about quality issues.

I think Mac-ites are happy over their Macs because they feel like they're bucking some kind of trend or something, and next year everyone will be using Macs and there will be world peace and free love and a liberal in the White House and all that . It's like this "next year Linux will rule the desktop" thing I've been hearing for what, 5 years now?

Macs are nice machines for what they are: Niche graphics-work machines. But hell, if the Amiga hadn't been run into the ground, the Mac-ites probably wouldn't even have that to hang their hats on.

I've known one Mac-ite so far who was *never* a raving fanatic when it came to PCs vs. Macs.. and it probably had something to do with the fact that he made a living designing hardware for PCs. He was even a pretty good sport about it when my P166MMX whipped his brand new G3 in POV-Ray rendering tests. I developed some bit of extra respect for Mac-ites while I was friends with him.. but all the subsequent fanaticism I've encountered is slowly eroding that respect. It's going to get to a point where I'm going to view Mac-ites the way I viewed Amiga-nuts back in the day. (and it wasn't a positive view)

Reply #35
I do mainly gaming on my computer and i am not willing to give up my PC, Im safe enough with blackice zone alarm norton antivirus and Mozilla, and if people are so afriad of getting zapped by an email virus get mozilla Thunderbird, Thier Outlook express.

To any one that still actually uses IE xxx what ever switch to firefox, 10 times better than IE. I usually do monthly spysweeps and come up with nothing more than cookies.

Reply #37
:flip:  You all!  I'll stick with Linux even if it doesn't rule anything.
One 88

Reply #38
linux is the shiznits, itl work with both and have fewer problems then the two combined.(p.s. it will have more then a mac just not together)
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #40
This has become quite an interesting thread!

Ive never used a mac so I have nothing to say about it, or the people that use them. Its your mac, have fun with it.

All I know is my Dell is over 4 years old, the only upgrades I have made to it is XP, 512mb, and a flat panel. Have always had a cable modem and a router, norton and still use IE.

I dont open emails that I dont know where they came from regardless the situation or what it is titled. I get bored, I do all updates a full system check and in 4 years not one problem. All in all, I LOVE MY PC!!!!

Reply #41
Just got an interesting piece of spam.....

Subject:     im'prove the fla`vour of your sperm '

Well thank you very much for the info, Gustavo! I didn't realize that it needed a flavor in the first place. Man, I hope they can make it chocolate--that would be tha biggety bomb. I'd never have to leave the house then! ;)

Reply #42
Quote from: EricCoolCats
Man, I hope they can make it chocolate--that would be tha biggety bomb. I'd never have to leave the house then! ;)

OMGWTFBBQ Level raised to..

Reply #43
There's a thing on Dateline Katilsday about this scam right now. They're scamming the scammers
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣