Skip to main content
Topic: Don't you hate having to do all this?... (Read 5210 times) previous topic - next topic

Don't you hate having to do all this?...

Reply #15
Actually the job is not that difficult.
The upper comes off in 10 minutes wearing BOXING GLOVES

1 Tools
2 Gaskets
3 new VALVE COVERS
4 PIZZA
5 BEERS and or soda
6 Neat new Valve covers
7 Finished!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WAIT A MINUTE!!!!!  Hold up on that car young GENTLEMEN. You are 17 NO beers for you. Just soda

Nice job and i like the new covers . Peace Tom
I spend money I don't have, To build  cars I don't need, To impress people I don't know

HAVE YOU DRIVEN A FORD LATELY!!

Reply #16
Quote from: TOM Renzo;361975
Actually the job is not that difficult.
The upper comes off in 10 minutes wearing BOXING GLOVES Peace Tom

Now that is some funny stuff .... because its so true :bowdown:
Fox-less at the moment

Reply #17
I'd bet money I could take my upper off with a blind fold. I just need someone to hand me the tools.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #18
Yes that job looks real complicated but its a piece of CAKE!!!
I spend money I don't have, To build  cars I don't need, To impress people I don't know

Reply #19
Mmmmmm, I like cake.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #20
Yeah I've decided if my car stays around long enough for this, that when I get around to replacing those (which I have the Felpro's in the box waiting) I'm just yanking all of that  out and going to a carbureted setup instead.
88 Camaro RS - 355/TH350
87 Thunderbird Sport - 302 (351 going in)/AOD

Reply #21
A CARB?????? What is that????? Do they still make them????

Actually the EFI system is light years better than a CARB. For what it takes to remove that upper its a no brainier. Personally i would stay with the EFI setup its much BETTER all around

Reply #22
CARB are great !! Every one has their own opinion on the issue. I like them both. This thread has some people going back and forth on the issue. If I ever have the cash to do a V8 swap I will go with a carb. http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/5-0-mustangs/52616-efi-vs-carb.html .  Granted I live in Texas where it is very flat.

Reply #23
Quote from: thunderbirdsport302;361724
maybe i need to throw a cobra intake plaque on my ho upper so i can have a cobra motor too :o

hahahah
-'88 Tbird 3.8
-2012 Altima 2.5 BASE. 
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Future: Budget 5.0 300 HP.

Reply #24
Quote from: Miah;362168
CARB are great !! Every one has their own opinion on the issue. I like them both. This thread has some people going back and forth on the issue. If I ever have the cash to do a V8 swap I will go with a carb. http://www.moddedmustangs.com/forums/5-0-mustangs/52616-efi-vs-carb.html .  Granted I live in Texas where it is very flat.

Not to get to NUTS about this but if i ever had the money i would do the following. Just a comparison. Not trying to be a wise GUY..

Here goes

If i ever had the money

1 I would convert to drum brakes
2 I would convert to a GENERATOR
3 I would convert back to POINTS
4 I would convert back to manual brakes
5 I would convert back to manual steering
6 I would convert back to a 3 SPEEDER
7 I would convert back to regular tires
8 I would convert back to tube tires
9 I would remove the hydraulic lifters
10 I would remove those 4 valves per cylinder.

Normally when people do not understand new technology they remove it. EFI systems are cleaner produce more HP and have better drivability than a carb. Vehicles would never be able to pass an emission test with a carb. On a straight 1320 car their may not be a difference. But on a street car its a no comparison issue. Be it as it may that is basically the issue. Some are more comfortable with carbs but they are antiquated. Their is no vehicle on this planet that runs a carb from the factory that i know of. Now direct injection will replace the traditional EFI systems of today. Technology is moving on and its getting CRAZY. Just me could be wrong. Thanks

Reply #25
Forget all that ....I'm installing bicycle pedals and a long chain to the differential.

Reply #26
Firstly, what is the relevance of your post?

Quote from: TOM Renzo;362217
Not to get to NUTS about this but if i ever had the money i would do the following. Just a comparison. Not trying to be a wise GUY..

Here goes

If i ever had the money
Just go buy a '56 Chevy, or Ford...they'd have all the things listed below, except possibly "regular tires"....I assume this is you trying (and failing horribly) to make a dig at folks running drag radials, slicks, and the like?
What a tool you are. Surprised you even know how to use a computer. :rollin:

1 I would convert to drum brakes why? brake fade is super awesome, right?
2 I would convert to a GENERATOR Yes, because alternators are not a good idea?
3 I would convert back to POINTS I've dealt with more points ignitions in my life than necessary, if you want to go back to dinosaur times, well, have at it homeslice.
4 I would convert back to manual brakes Yes, because you are undoubtedly superhuman, and don't need the effort provided by engine vacuum to stop a car that is woefully inadequate with stocks brakes as it is.
5 I would convert back to manual steering Manual steering is stupid for a street driven, or daily driven car. There, I said it. Get over it.
6 I would convert back to a 3 SPEEDER What the shag is a 3 SPEEDER?
7 I would convert back to regular tires As opposed to irregular tires?
8 I would convert back to tube tires Be my guest.
9 I would remove the hydraulic lifters Go ahead...I'll laugh while you are adjusting your valve lash every other day.
10 I would remove those 4 valves per cylinder. Yep, because 2 valve engines are more powerful.

Normally when people do not understand new technology they remove it. EFI systems are cleaner produce more HP and have better drivability than a carb. Vehicles would never be able to pass an emission test with a carb. On a straight 1320 car their may not be a difference. But on a street car its a no comparison issue. Be it as it may that is basically the issue. Some are more comfortable with carbs but they are antiquated. Their is no vehicle on this planet that runs a carb from the factory that i know of. Now direct injection will replace the traditional EFI systems of today. Technology is moving on and its getting CRAZY. Just me could be wrong. Thanks

Normally, when people make an ass of themselves on a small forum (this one would be a GREAT example) they generally should just shut the hell up, and not continue posting. Especially with about 7 different user accounts, like you've been doing. I don't give 2 flying balls of shiznit how many cars you've built. Utterly don't care.  You've proved your ignorance in the thread that got locked, and if you've built as many cars, especially Ford stuff, then you'd know to just replace an ignition switch and not bother with a  dealership.
You are a narcissistic drama queen assmonkey and only the second person in my seven years of posting here that I have ever put on ignore. Considering the levels of stupid we've dealt with here before, that's saying quite a lot.

And what I think about carburetors? People who are too stupid and lazy to pull codes, but would rather tear off several hundred dollars' worth of efi parts for a piece of shiznit gas-wasting carb and a chinese 4 barrel intake.

My first 2 vehicles were carb and points, and I was always working on it and rebuilding, and replacing the  stuff. You want it, you can have it all.
Far far easier to pull codes, and only a true dinosaur mechanic will say the carbs, and points systems are easier to diagnose than an efi system.

Lastly, I'm totally into classic cars, as well as newer ones, but do NOT tell me that you're gonna make more power with a carb on the same engine than you would with fuel injection. Carbs have their place...lawnmowers and classic cars being the only thing to come to mind, and, well, those knuckle-draggers in nascar who turn left and smash the gas for a whole race.
Did I strike a nerve? :shakeass:
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6

Reply #27
Tom was making a point about the difference between old and new. I don't think he actually meant he wants all that old stuff.....just being smart-ellic. LOL. He was making the point that carbs are outdated, and that they don't make cars with them anymore. And if you're going carb, why not get the generator, tube tires, 3 speed, etc.  I don't think any ill feelings were intended.

In my own opinion, carb...EFI...it's up to the owner. I like EFI. I wouldn't own a carbed car (I would, but I'd convert to EFI), but if the owner likes a carb, then I think he/she should install one. Who really cares? The owner should be able to do what they like and what makes them more comfortable, and have our support as a group and respect for their own personal taste and "wants" for their car....my own opinion.

I've seen a lot of people here, do a lot of things to their cars that I would never do. Are they wrong...no. It's just a difference in taste and opinions.

Reply #28
Lets get back on topic and move ahead. The original thread starter doesn't need all this in his thread. It doesn't need to get crazy over the difference in a couple of opinions.

Like the old saying goes....take what you like, leave the rest.

Reply #29
Yeah, you are correct Vinnie...if Tom should decide to smear dog turds all over his car(s), the proper thing to do would not consist of calling him a name, or pointing and laughing, but saying 'attaboy" and pat 'im on the back, right? :evilgrin::rollin:
'84 Mustang
'98 Explorer 5.0
'03 Focus, dropped a valve seat. yay. freakin' split port engines...
'06 Explorer EB 4.6