Skip to main content
Topic: Car Won't Start with ignition sometimes. (Read 5450 times) previous topic - next topic

Car Won't Start with ignition sometimes.

Reply #30
I have no axe to grind here but do find the comments directed at Tom and his pop a bit over the top and chidish. I have been banned from many forums for defending my views or threads against idiots of the same caliber as some I have seen in this thread and you know what...who cares life goes on.

My view is this, If Internet Auto Forum tough guys were making any headway in their campaign to fit in with other normal human beings, some of the folks on this board single-handedly destroyed all their progress with one click of the mouse. Subtlety is not one of the strong points round these parts, but who needs to be subtle when you drive a bad ass whip (in your own mind) and bash the views of others on a whim.

I could go on, but I will close my case there: It's now up for YOU to decide for yourselves and handle this a bit on the adult side of the street. ;)

Car Won't Start with ignition sometimes.

Reply #31
I don't know where you get that I disrespected you first. You posted some information that was wrong (and until you prove me otherwise, it's still wrong - I can well imagine the luck anyone would have walking driving into a Ford dealership with a 25 year old car and demand it be fixed for free) and I corrected you.

Then you got all foolish.

And you were wrong in suggesting the starter may be at fault as well, since the OP clearly stated that he could start the car by crossing the soleniod, which would eliminate the possibility that it's a starter issue. Obviously bypassing the ignition switch by crossing the solenoid will not make a dead starter magically come back to life. I don't give a rat's ringpiece what cars you claim to have worked on/built/stood next to while somebody snapped your photo/whatever. Elementary mechanical knowledge would tell you that a broken starter would remain broken if you crossed the solenoid. I was merely trying to prevent a forum member from spending money on a component that will not fix the problem he's having.

And if your statements about the recall have convinced him that his friendly neighbourhood Ford dealership will fix his decades old car for free, even though they are under absolutely no obligation to do so (unless you can prove me wrong), well, then, good luck to him in his efforts.

Mad? No, I'm not mad. If I were mad you'd be the first to know. As Gumby pointed out this is my sandbox here.  Luckily for you (and many others before you) I do not punish others for disrespecting me, because it's the internet and I really, truly, unabashedly don't give a shiznit and therefore it is impossible to get me mad. I run this forum not to show off, but to give enthusiasts of these cars a place to discuss these cars. Hell, I don't even own a Foxbirdcat anymore.

One thing I do punish people for is disrespecting others. The other mods/admins on this forum are generally quicker to punish those who disrespect others than I am. Since you've disrespected at least one of those others in this thread I'll leave it to them to punish you if they see fit. I will warn you, however, that if you (and that fourteen year old son of yours) bring the bullshiznit to this forum that I've been told you've brought to other forums your ass will be banned.

...and this thread has gone on quite enough. The freakshow is now closed.
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣