Skip to main content
Topic: Weather, life and death, and safety (Read 591 times) previous topic - next topic

Weather, life and death, and safety

Some, if not all of you have heard of the EF4/5 twister that wrecked 25% or so of Joplin Missouri Sunday night...

I have ties to that area...needless to say, it's utterly devastating to see pics and video of the aftermath. The last count I heard was 116 victims, but there's an unconfirmed rumor of 20-some more found in the wreckage of a Home Depot that was completely flattened.

Worse, more tornadic activity is expected in the area today/tonight.

Oklahoma City is about to get hit as well, and possibly Tulsa is under the gun.

Don't take any chances, watch the sky, listen to the radio, and have a plan before you need it so you know what to do...

The story is that sirens in Joplin went off 17 minutes before. That is UNTRUE, they sounded 5 minutes before, and by then the rain and hail was so bad most folks didn't hear it, much less before the power went out, etc.

This storm produced a tornado in Kansas before...there's no reason sirens weren't sounded well before.

Anyway, it's a tragic tragic time for southwest Missouri, and things are shaping up to get bad again...please keep the Joplin folks in your minds and prayers...it's a war zone down there.
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

Reply #1
Our whole State is under some massive beatings right now. The entire Oklahoma City area is being surrounded by tornadoes. Hopefully we're not going to get it way down here, but storms are coming. It got dark fast. Aaaaaaahhhh......the just one of the joys of living in Oklahoma.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #2
Yeah I've been watching the weather maps, radar and stuff...scary times for sure...you guys stay safe in all this.

I hope and pray the things dissipate before they get to OKC...
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)