Skip to main content
Topic: '97 Thunderbird Project on HORSEPOWER TV (Read 7699 times) previous topic - next topic

'97 Thunderbird Project on HORSEPOWER TV

Reply #15
Well, I guess the engine has made some decent power.  I emailed Mike since I hadn't heard when the episode which supposedly mentions my mounts will air.
I don't really have any more details on the car.
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

Reply #16
Quote from: fluke;359222
Yeah. :( And I'm a 4 cyl and they despise that here. Only v8's are cool here. I hate when someone asks which car is mine and I tell them and they are like "oh." and walk off.

The only reason they hate your 4banger is they want that gas mileage yet the ability to smoke there v8's too. Then after they asked which car is yours tell them the one that still holds the fastest lap at Talladega and Daytona in the Nascar. That might just spark there interest!

Stuckman
84 Turbo coupe 2.3T Modded with 88 upper and lower intake, 88 injectors, E6 manifold, T3-4 AR.60 turbo, 31X12X3 FMIC, Homemade MBC , Greddy knock off BPV.
4 eyes see better than 2! 
Da Bird!

FreeBird

Reply #17
Quote from: ipsd;359266
The only reason they hate your 4banger is they want that gas mileage yet the ability to smoke there v8's too. Then after they asked which car is yours tell them the one that still holds the fastest lap at Talladega and Daytona.

Yes, because NASCAR used the 2.3 in their Cup cars...that's why they were so ed fast.. :shakehead:slap:
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

Reply #18
Quote from: Chuck W;359262
Well, I guess the engine has made some decent power.  I emailed Mike since I hadn't heard when the episode which supposedly mentions my mounts will air.
I don't really have any more details on the car.

That's pretty awesome they are using your mounts on a nationally televised TV show man.
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

Reply #19
Quote from: Chuck W;359220
They have some of my motor mounts for the car.  Still waiting to see when that portion will be on.

It was on today.... they mentioned Turbo-Chuck, "mounts for a niche market"
1987 TC

Reply #20
Guess I'll have to try and catch it when it's on, or see if they'll actually send me my copy.

Reply #22
I can't seem to get them to play.  They owe me a copy anyway.

Reply #24
Too bad I didn't have the MN-12 Trans mount/x-member done that I'm working on.  Still in prototyping/testing stages though.

Reply #25
427 small block and a 6-speed auto. Gives me goosebumps.
88 Cougar LS 5.0 .030 over, ported E7s with GT40 valves & trickflow springs, Proform roller rockers, HO cam, removed air silencer, K&N filter, smog pump delete, 2.25" dual flowmasters, Pacestter H-pipe & headers, HO computer, 65mm TB, Explorer intake, 19# injecters, 3.45s, rebuilt posi, and TCI shift kit.

Reply #26
Im glad they are doing a Tbird project, but does anyone else think this project wasnt exactly thought through very well? First they call it a sleeper, then throw in a carb engine that they wont fit under a stock hood. They mod up some cool header work, then put on cats.... no crossover on the exhaust... and CHERRY BOMBS?

I wonder if they will wear mullet wigs on the final episode.

They were cool about Chucks mounts though.
87 Thunderbird LX
65mm tb, exploder intake, iron gt40 heads, 1.6 rr, a9l mass air swap, 9.5" Billet Dirty Dog TC, Built AOD, 4.10's, 31 spline TLoc, Superior Axles, full sn95 five lug swap.

Reply #27
Do the episodes play online?
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #28
I wonder if they will wear mullet wigs on the final episode.

As a proud mullet wearer myself, I resemble that remark. :hick:

Reply #29
Quote from: EricCoolCats;361302
As a proud mullet wearer myself, I resemble that remark. :hick:

I tell ya, I'd buy you a beer for that man, solely for the not giving a  about what anyone thinks and doing what you love and being who you want to be. That's the spirit!
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane