Skip to main content
Topic: 1988 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe For Sale (Read 4094 times) previous topic - next topic

1988 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe For Sale

Reply #15
Quote from: Blackout;373578
Its still sitting here.  I'm looking for a 92-96 Fullsize bronco without a lot of issues as a possible trade.  Literally, I have had 1 serious inquiry..... if you want to call it that.  Kids dad came by and told me he'd offer me 1500.... after not even really looking at it.  :(  No way in hell.

Thanks Thunder Cat, I appreciate it.

If he buys it, it will be well loved. I've known this guy a looong time. We met in kindergarden back in 1976! He is the one who introduced me to Thunderbirds. In high school he had a green 1977 Thunderbird with a 351C and a year out of high school had a black 1983 Turbocoupe which he later traded in for a 1990 Supercoupe. He mentioned this last weekend, after ogling my Cougar, how much he missed his old Turbocoupe but he'd like a 87-88 version so I've been watching this forum for him.

Reply #16
Quote from: Blackout;373578
Its still sitting here.  I'm looking for a 92-96 Fullsize bronco without a lot of issues as a possible trade.  Literally, I have had 1 serious inquiry..... if you want to call it that.  Kids dad came by and told me he'd offer me 1500.... after not even really looking at it.  :(  No way in hell.

Thanks Thunder Cat, I appreciate it.

Sorry man. :( If it's any consolation, the dealer didn't give me much for mine, and it's been crushed. :/

Reply #17
I just had to buy a new daily and spent 1500 on the family van. I'm tapped out or this would be a great deal.

Bump and hopefully someone can get them selves a nice holiday present.  Good luck, i'd hate to see a beauty like that crushed.

Reply #18
Sent you a pm

Reply #20
PMs replied to!
88 TC, Lots of Mods.

Reply #22
You are just too far from Virginia.

Reply #23
Quote from: 50RACER;377955
You are just too far from Virginia.

I think we all have this problem. Everyone is just too far away.

Reply #24
Well the wife said I can make an offer, but only if we don't find anything else in our price range.  Our price range will be determined by what we get for a tax refund.  As for the valve job, think just a touch up with grinding compound or all new valves?

Reply #25
Ive never actually had the head off, so i can't say for sure.  99.9% of the factory heads on these cars are cracked around the exhaust seat.  Sometimes its not the crack that leaks, its just needing a compound and its good, sometimes they need seats installed.  I know that having seats installed is pretty  cheap for these heads.  I doubt that there is a problem with the valves themselves.  They honestly sealed enough to instal Boport springs with putting compressed air in the cylinders, so its not leaking a ton.    It hasn't been driven regularly in almost 2 years now, but it still starts and drives fine.  Its probably going to need a tuneup, minus the TFI and Dist which were new and have very little mileage on them.  The idle was a bit unsteady last time I started it, but that may just be the cold combined with not really being driven a lot.    If i get my asking price (now 2500 firm)  I'll include a T/3-T/4 Hybrid turbo thats in great shape, 6 Snowflake whees, and any other parts i have laying around that I can find.
88 TC, Lots of Mods.

Reply #26
My wife hates you for sweetening the deal lol.  Actually she hates the thunderbird we already have(makes me question why I married her lol j/k).  If I were willing to sell my current bird it'd be easy for me to throw you $2500, but selling this car is not gonna happen even if I wanted to lol.

Reply #27
LOL well let me know man, its just sitting here waiting for a driver!
88 TC, Lots of Mods.

Reply #28
Is it still available and where is ti located?

Reply #29
Still Available, and its located in Sun Prairie Wisconsin, zip code 53590.
88 TC, Lots of Mods.