Skip to main content
Topic: Finally I have smoke! (Read 3764 times) previous topic - next topic

Finally I have smoke!

Reply #15
Quote from: 20thanniver-ls;357133
Forgive my ignorance here, but what is the benefit of gapping the plugs to .35 instead of .50 (assuming you have a v8)?

That is a whole lot of gap..............lol. (.035-.050 ?)
Never drive faster than your guardian angel can fly.
:birdsmily: :birdsmily: :birdsmily::birdsmily: 
  [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
:birdsmily: :birdsmily: :birdsmily::birdsmily:
1983 base model,1969 302 (originally a v6),upraded c5,currently 30,441 original miles.

Finally I have smoke!

Reply #16
I use my fingers for feeler gauges! My bad. .035 it is.
home ported E7's, HO intake, 93 Tbird cam, 65mm tb, Shorties, dynomax lers, TC 3.73 rear, Mach 1 springs, Bauman shiftkit, epoxy mod, SD, 3G alt, black magic fan

Finally I have smoke!

Reply #17
Well, the tc rear swap is underway. Bending the new brake lines and having to route them from the passenger to driver's side is really taking up some time. But it feels so nice driving it up and down my street with the 2.73s and I'm determined to get it done :)
home ported E7's, HO intake, 93 Tbird cam, 65mm tb, Shorties, dynomax lers, TC 3.73 rear, Mach 1 springs, Bauman shiftkit, epoxy mod, SD, 3G alt, black magic fan

Finally I have smoke!

Reply #18
Just an update. TC rear is in and despite having to replace the pinion seal (after much leakage) all is well. Problem is when I get on it, I get good wheelspin until it shifts into second and the wheelspin abruptly stops like it shifted from 1st to 3rd.  I haven't tried to manually shift it from a dig yet (I know when left to itself the trans shortshifts out of 2nd gear). I've always wanted a ratchet or gate shifter and I think I will do the conversion. Whether this fixes the problem or not it should make the car alot more fun to drive.

Finally I have smoke!

Reply #19
Two words. Lower stall.
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

Finally I have smoke!

Reply #20
I put in an aftermarket stall converter I got for $100 off craigslist. I'm not sure how to verify the true stall of this converter. The seller had it in his mildly modded fox stang and he said it was a 3k stall converter :dunno:

Finally I have smoke!

Reply #21
Well, I think the TC rear has issues or not putting in friction modifier the second time has did the clutches in ( leaking pinion seal!). Its staying this way for a while until I get some other projects done. Sorry for the late update. Oh, I put 10 holes with 225/60/15s on it to widen the track but it still looks too thin.
http://s736.photobucket.com/albums/xx9/vbprog225/cougar%20ls/?action=view¤t=87CougarLSBurnout.mp4