Skip to main content
Topic: I think it's time... (Read 4770 times) previous topic - next topic

I think it's time...

Reply #15
I agree with Jerry...... The Sport stays with me. No money can have it. I have put too much of "Me" into building it, and it has a home right here. More will be parted out. It's the circle of life, and we're nowhere near having resto parts (in my own opinion). I'll re-re-re-repaint, recover seats, swap engines and the tranny, whatever, but the Sport stays here.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

I think it's time...

Reply #16
I'm not selling mine ever. I just want to find another nice one that's local. Mine came from California. I'm pretty sure I'm not going to find a nice Fox Thunderbird locally though......
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

I think it's time...

Reply #17
Califorina and Florida cars man. That's where you'll find the nice ones:D If you really get serious about wanting one I can do some digging down here and probably find you a nice TC or something. Seriously. Contact me sometime if you're interested.

I considered the fact that one day the sh.. might hit the fan and I might have to get rid of my cougar but even if I do, its not going to the syard and its not going to get parted out. Its going to someone on here or someone else whom I know for a fact can and will appreciate it the way it's meant to be appreciated.
--Steve
[thread=28690]1988 Cougar V6[/thread]
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

I think it's time...

Reply #18
Come out here. The pickings are good. How about a 20th for $500 with 120k? I should take some pictures this weekend at the junkyard for you guys.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

I think it's time...

Reply #19
I'm not partial to just one car considering I have a destructive habit involving trees, utility poles, and ditches.  So far the 84TC302 has held up to me using her.  She's down for a minute due to the input shaft on the tranny but once that's fixed it's summer time with the windows down!  w00t! 

time, money, machine.  Takes all for a hobby like old cars.

Here are some of the ones I've had to sacrifice.  A little bit of each car is in the current ride.  Recycling. :P
84 TC 302 -5.0L/t5/7.5 locking rear and a 3.45 gear, Edelbrock Intake, Aluminum Heads, Edlebrock 65mm Throttlebody, Edlebrock Cam, 24lb injectors & MAS Air Sensor calibrated via chip,  BBK headers, Catback H pipe, Magnaflow lers :evilgrin:
:pics-stfu:

Project Thread with pics

I think it's time...

Reply #20
Blu84302, get a py car that runs decent and practice your driving skills until you are good enough to drive a T-Bird or Cougar without wrecking it. LOL.LOL.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

I think it's time...

Reply #21
They were sacrificed...not wrecked.  The silver one I was letting my girlfriend at the time drive it when that damage happened.  (Lesson) 

The black T-bird (Blu84302) and the Yellow cat (Ya'll know her) had seen incidents with me behind the wheel but could have been fixed.  They were sacrificed before their time but each contributed parts and the torch was passed.  I am sad that I let those cars go because all of them could have been fixed.  However practical doesn't always allow for what is wanted. 

I gots mine... (84TC302)  Still need one more snowflake though.  :(
84 TC 302 -5.0L/t5/7.5 locking rear and a 3.45 gear, Edelbrock Intake, Aluminum Heads, Edlebrock 65mm Throttlebody, Edlebrock Cam, 24lb injectors & MAS Air Sensor calibrated via chip,  BBK headers, Catback H pipe, Magnaflow lers :evilgrin:
:pics-stfu:

Project Thread with pics

I think it's time...

Reply #22
Quote from: daminc;356260
What It's going to come down to is... WHO actually has one left in the world. THAT will make our cars worth anything in the future. We s and part them like there are millions left. In the end it will be about the few that survived. I'm guessing that more than half of the cars here will be long gone in another 10 years, only because no one want's to restore one like they do to mustangs.... I've had mine for almost 23 years, and I will have it in another 20 years. I'm in it for the long haul...lol

I'm slowly inching closer to being done with what has turned into an almost year long restoration......This car is staying with me.
-- 05 Mustang GT-Whipplecharged !!
--87 5.0 Trick Flow Heads & Intake - Custom Cam - Many other goodies...3100Lbs...Low12's!

I think it's time...

Reply #23
I'm with a few of you guy's. I've had mine since 1990 and it's not going anywhere. It's gone through alot of tough times with me, I've had to refinance it to lower the payments so I could keep it when I wasn't making much, it's out lasted 2 marriges. And everything done to it came from me.
As far as parting them, the parts from them are keeping the others alive. Although I couldn't part a perfectly good car. That would be a waist.

I think it's time...

Reply #24
I learned the hard way to never say never, I thought I would never sell my Mustang , but sometimes life kicks you in the nuts:punchballs:
Fox-less at the moment

I think it's time...

Reply #25
Quote from: hypostang;356310
I learned the hard way to never say never, I thought I would never sell my Mustang , but sometimes life kicks you in the nuts:punchballs:

Very true. If it ever came down to it (knock on wood) and I lost my job and was on the verge of losing the house and having a hard time feeding my kids my car(s) would be gone before I could blink. So, I think hypo is right in saying never say never.
FOXLESS!!

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII

I think it's time...

Reply #26
I still see fox cars around occasionally, about as much as first gen Tauruses for the most part. But I've started ding up the uncommon parts for these when I find them, that's for sure. TC and XR-7 stuff especially is getting scarce. I practically stripped the whole interior out of an 87 XR7 I found last weekend.
-Matt
[/FONT][/SIZE]

I think it's time...

Reply #27
Though I'll agree the asking prices are getting higher, I maintain that these cars will never go up in value until people like us are willing to pay the prices. Because if a bunch of guys that love the cars won't pay them, nobody will...

I'm another who sold the car he never thought he'd sell. I figured I'd be buried in my '88, but instead I found myself not liking it (for reasons outlined on this forum before). Take it from experience, those of you who would settle for a "lesser" car only because it becomes available and because you think you won't find the one you really want: Don't. If you settle on a car it'll never be the car you want. I'm not talking about things that can be changed, like engines/trannies, etc. I'm talking about body styles. If you like cats don't settle for a Bird. If you like a 4-eye don't settle for an aero. Hold out for the right one. You might pay more when you find it, but in the long run it'll be worth it because you'll be happier with the car.

And my search for an 87/88 Cougar, four-eye Bird or 88-92 LSC continues...
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

I think it's time...

Reply #28
Quote from: V8Demon;356305
I'm slowly inching closer to being done with what has turned into an almost year long restoration......This car is staying with me.

Where is your car? Are they still working on it? It's been like for-evar......
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

I think it's time...

Reply #29
I have a decent snowflake you can have for $6.00 plus actual shipping charges.