Skip to main content
Topic: harness swaping and head scratching (Read 759 times) previous topic - next topic

harness swaping and head scratching

I've got all these questions about switching the harness's around on my car but I'm only getting partial answers...  So I'm going to do something for us all, I'm going to go in search of a 5.0 harness from an 86,87, and 88.  I'll compare them and take notes and post it all here.  So far I have an 86 harness and I'm hot on the trail of an 88 ( the one I really need for my car).  Hopefully this will be usefull info for everyone.  Now if anyone has a 5.0 harness for an 87 or 88 let me know cause I want it.
One 88

Re: harness swaping and head scratching

Reply #1
I think that the 86-66 5.0 harnesses are all the same, But if not, that is definately worth knowing. I think that one of the tc guys said that the 88 v-6 ones might be the same as the 86-88's.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Re: harness swaping and head scratching

Reply #2
the harness difference is generally where the body and the chassis harness meet, and possibly a few sensor connectors
It's Gumby's fault.