Skip to main content
Topic: And so it begins.... (Read 8613 times) previous topic - next topic

And so it begins....

Reply #45
Won't be long now...:bowdown: Just have to wait on spray booth.:punchballs:
95 Ranger Splash 2.3
88 Tbird Sport :ies::ies:
5.0 SO, stainless shorty headers, w/ Magnaflow lers. KYB struts, KYB shocks. 5lug conversion from sn95 Mustang, subframe connectors, drilled and slotted rotors, 03 Mach 1 wheels. sequential taillights.140 speedo

And so it begins....

Reply #46
Lookin' good.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

And so it begins....

Reply #47
Wow, great work. I have to ask, why didn't you pull the antenna off? I have a few ideas for the front of the Sport, but I have to find another front bumper cover....preferably non-TC for my plan.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

And so it begins....

Reply #48
Quote from: vinnietbird;357246
Wow, great work. I have to ask, why didn't you pull the antenna off? I have a few ideas for the front of the Sport, but I have to find another front bumper cover....preferably non-TC for my plan.
It's actually just the shaft of the power antenna, the trim piece is off. I have the stock bumper cover off this car, as I used the TC one.
95 Ranger Splash 2.3
5.0 SO, stainless shorty headers, w/ Magnaflow lers. KYB struts, KYB shocks. 5lug conversion from sn95 Mustang, subframe connectors, drilled and slotted rotors, 03 Mach 1 wheels. sequential taillights.140 speedo

And so it begins....

Reply #49
Quote from: cougarcragar;357244
Lookin' good.
  Thanks.
95 Ranger Splash 2.3

And so it begins....

Reply #50
You're going to have it looking good in time for the car show season at this pace. If you're onto the shows that is.

And so it begins....

Reply #51
Quote from: 1Bad88tbird;357258
You're going to have it looking good in time for the car show season at this pace. If you're onto the shows that is.

Thanks, we will see don't know if it will be show quality, but it will be way better than it was. After the 5 lug swap and new wheels, I think it will be looking pretty nice. The problem is I'm running out of class days, class ends April 29.
95 Ranger Splash 2.3

And so it begins....

Reply #52
Hopefully you'll at least be able to get it painted, then you probably finish it at home.

And so it begins....

Reply #53
Quote from: 1Bad88tbird;357264
Hopefully you'll at least be able to get it painted, then you probably finish it at home.

Well, that's the plan..lol. I want to get it painted and then if needed reassemble at home, I will at least need to reinstall the lights so I can drive it home at night.
95 Ranger Splash 2.3

And so it begins....

Reply #54
Made a little progress, got the epoxy primer on and 2 coats of primer/surfacer.:D
95 Ranger Splash 2.3

And so it begins....

Reply #55
Soooooo close !!!! I can't wait to see it in color !!!

Hey, I have a question....shouldn't you have the header panel off for paint so you can get the whole bumper cover? It only takes a minute to get it off of there.

Either way, I still can't wait.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

And so it begins....

Reply #56
Soooooo close !!!! I can't wait to see it in color !!!

Hey, I have a question....shouldn't you have the header panel off for paint so you can get the whole bumper cover? It only takes a minute to get it off of there.

Either way, I still can't wait.

And so it begins....

Reply #57
Thanks Vinnie, the header panel is a combination of time and stuck bolts.:D This is my daily driver, so it will be ok. Congrats on your up coming event!!:bowdown:
95 Ranger Splash 2.3

And so it begins....

Reply #58
Thanks a lot. As far as your Bird being a daily driver, My Sport is too. I'm not complaining, I love driving it. If something breaks, I fix it and keep going. At this point, everything has been swapped, so, it's pretty reliable.

And so it begins....

Reply #59
All wet sanded and ready for paint.:D Going over about 1pm, to shoot color. Wish me luck, little nervous on this one.:hick:
95 Ranger Splash 2.3