Skip to main content
Topic: In MY opinion, the single bestest evAr "invention" I've ever made (Read 585 times) previous topic - next topic

In MY opinion, the single bestest evAr "invention" I've ever made

Yes, I am a freak, this is Episode 19865372 of that, you all know the drill by now LOL.

I have wrestled with this issue for awhile. My grandparents first allowed me to borrow for the winter the pressure washer they bought a couple years ago, since they'd have no use for it during winters. This was a great step, now I could wash my car and mom's cars with hot high pressure water. BUT, a straight wand, makes it tough to really be sure you've gotten all of the underside. Especially the fender lips, and on my mom's ExploDer there are stupid plastic covers/trim all over everything, including all of the wheel wells. It is impossible to directly spray them, especially the py spot welded seams all  rear fenders have.

SO finally the solution has been found. Pieces of pipe lying around and a hose barb fitting. I crunched the end of the barb in a vise! That's it and BAM a nice fan of water and plenty of pressure, it looks exactly like what you see come up out of the floor nozzles in a touchless carwash. The wand of the washer happens to have a standard NPT I suppose, thread to it, so this piece just fits right on. I can now angle around and get evvvvvverything, as well as just get the floor real easy by sitting it on the ground, sliding it back and forth and moving down the length of the car.

This literally destroys a huge amount of stress from my being during the winter from now forward LOL. All of our vehicles in this household are nice and rust-free, I intend to keep it that way. I will fight the salt forevermore.
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane

Reply #1
You have too much time on your hands ;).
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

Reply #2
right click ,, save as.

IM all over this , great idea!
actually this aught to be in my great ideas around the house thread,,

Good work!!!

Reply #3
Quote from: thunderjet302;350232
You have too much time on your hands ;).

Yyyyyuppp lol THIS is how you DD an old car and keep it nice ;) :P should be getting the 'Vic back this weekend, so the other ExploDer formerly my grandfather's, will then be given to my brother who deserves it more IMO. I had a perfect car shouldn't have sold it to the moron friend in the first place. Granted that's got the WD-40 and old oil doused all over the underside so it can defend itself anyway but STILL it gets treated just as insanely lol. Can't wait to drive the living room couch around again.

And scott, that's a Husky 1600 psi electric washer. Can find em like 100 bucks on ebay, they go for 150 or so new at Home Depot or whatever. But Karcher, Ridgid, etc make the same  thing, different styling/packaging, I wonder who makes the base unit, it's all the same thing. But I'd imagine the wand is the same, it's like a 1 and 1/4" thread that the nose piece goes onto. It's a WUSS as a "pressure washer" can't do your siding with it, but for washing a car whether this or just the exterior, it's like it was meant to be.
1987 20th Anniversary Cougar, 302 "5.0" GT-40 heads (F3ZE '93 Cobra) and TMoss Ported H.O. intake, H.O. camshaft
2.5" Duals, no cats, Flowmaster 40s, Richmond 3.73s w/ Trac-Lok, maxed out Baumann shift kit, 3000 RPM Dirty Dog non-lock TC
Aside from the Mustang crinkle headers, still looks like it's only 150 HP...
1988 Black XR7 Trick Flow top end, Tremec 3550
1988 Black XR7 Procharger P600B intercooled, Edelbrock Performer non-RPM heads, GT40 intake AOD, 13 PSI @5000 RPM. 93 octane