Skip to main content
Topic: !!! ice cold day in florida (Read 2110 times) previous topic - next topic

!!! ice cold day in florida

Reply #15
.. there's a guy named jamie who lives(or at least did) in port st lucie.. i used to be friends with his younger brother.. thought maybe the world was getting smaller LOL

Reply #16
You guys need to quit whining. This was our Taurus on Christmas Day:

X
1987 Turbo Coupe - Son's car
1987 Super Coupe - Son's project car
1934 Ford - My project car

Reply #17
Was a foot till the 60 mph wind started. Had a half foot under the hood from the scoops. Anyone made nice foul weather covers for T.C with open scoops?  :clown:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]:ford:87 Turbo Coupe through the floor sub frame connectors, 5.8 swap Ford racing heads Harland sharp 1.6 rockers BBK shorty swap headers 2 1/2 BBk X pipe magnaflow ler's. Megasquirt 2 with 36lbs injectors on hurricane intake with 4150 throttle body.Tremec TKO 600 Quicktime blowsheild spec stage 3 clutch. 3.73 gears and still not done

Reply #18
Quote from: thewestie;347905
Anyone made nice foul weather covers for T.C with open scoops?  :clown:

foam lol

Reply #19
I actually thought about low expanding spray foam and a plastic bag? put the bag in the opening and fill it with foam. Rube Goldberg looking but might work though  :pbb:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]:ford:87 Turbo Coupe through the floor sub frame connectors, 5.8 swap Ford racing heads Harland sharp 1.6 rockers BBK shorty swap headers 2 1/2 BBk X pipe magnaflow ler's. Megasquirt 2 with 36lbs injectors on hurricane intake with 4150 throttle body.Tremec TKO 600 Quicktime blowsheild spec stage 3 clutch. 3.73 gears and still not done

Reply #20
i meant rubber foam lol you can get it in black, cut it to squeeze in and trim it up so it doesn't look like butt

Reply #21
This weather is crazy anymore! You never know what it's going to do anymore.

To block off your scoops wouldn't the foam insulation for pipes work? It's cheap and you can cut it to size.

Reply #22
hey here's a question slightly on topic. What happens when you guy's with TC's are driving in the rain/snow. What happens to all that moisture? where does it go? Its been bugging me for a while. I don't know enough about TC's to know that.
--Steve
[thread=28690]1988 Cougar V6[/thread]
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L

Reply #23
Quote from: sarjxxx;348182
hey here's a question slightly on topic. What happens when you guy's with TC's are driving in the rain/snow. What happens to all that moisture? where does it go? Its been bugging me for a while. I don't know enough about TC's to know that.

Ive removed the intercooler piping that was riveted to the hood to make room for the 5.8 and carburetor so I cant tell on real T.C's But if you look in the scoops on mine your looking at the distributor and wires. When I did the build I had a high temp problem so I put a dual fan from a 99 a cougar it moves so much air that it seems like a positive air pressure is created under the hood. Ive gone through the car wash and checked after it was dry after driving in the rain it was dry. As far as driving in snow I hope to never find out with 380hp under the hood the car gets away from me in the rain don't want to try snow.              Like someones Sig don't drive faster than your guardian angel. And buckleup  :burnout:

Reply #24
x2 @sarjxxx
im really interested in figuring that out as well.
1974 Cougar XR7, 351 C, stock. white leather.
1983 Coug' LS-XR7-1/ A/c Delete, Edlebrock Intake, Holley 600 4bbl, Custom Badging, True dual Glasspacks
1989 Pontiac Bonneville SSE, 3.8L bone stock winter beater, in Gold

Reply #25
Quote from: sarjxxx;348182

All that moisture? We all know the TC's get garaged and the cats come out to play :p
If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't f**k with 'em

Reply #26
the moisture goes through the intercooler and down over the turbo. really nothing too complex and nothing to worry about.

Reply #27
oh. 

Well now I'm wondering what cars with functional ram air scoops do. You know like the old Firebirds and other, I guess, custom built cars. I mean I know custom built cars probably don't go out in the rain but well of course firebirds were production cars. I guess they just eat the rain and burn it up with the gas? Of course then if you get into a real downpour you stand the chance of flooding out your engine.... Hmm, well this isn't what the thread was about but my mind wanders....
--Steve
[thread=28690]1988 Cougar V6[/thread]
2012 F-150 3.7L
2011 Mustang 3.7L