Skip to main content
Topic: 87-88 Turbo Coupe Hood (Read 726 times) previous topic - next topic

87-88 Turbo Coupe Hood

Black hood with ducting and scoops....nice shape. I won't ship it so you have to pick it up. Located near Birmingham, Alabama-$75 takes it.

Re: 87-88 Turbo Coupe Hood

Reply #1
I should check my PM's more often....baylensman has dibs on this through sunday if his friend can come by and get it.

Reply #2
Well, Baylensman friend who was supposed to call me and pick up the hood never did so it is up for sale.....first come, first served.

Reply #3
yeah he didn't call me either  i'm pissed it was all set up he was gonna call from the motel at the swap meet and get your number and pick it up on his way to georgia. wit till he gets back.
Baylensman 97 XR7

Reply #4
Anyone? The price of s metal is pretty good right now so if I don't have a taker soon I'll remove the scoops and sell them on Ebay for $50(what I got for the last set) and s the rest of the hood.

Reply #5
im sure someone will pay 100 or more for the hood on ebay, pluss shipping. just gotta get a big box and a freight shipper. but theirs not that many people in alabama that are on hear, expecialy in driveing distance of you.  so you may want to look into shipping it.

Reply #6
Quote from: Manson
im sure someone will pay 100 or more for the hood on ebay, pluss shipping. just gotta get a big box and a freight shipper. but theirs not that many people in alabama that are on hear, expecialy in driveing distance of you.  so you may want to look into shipping it.

I am sure it would sell if I shipped it but the reality is that it's not worth my time....I am quite busy and the time and expense involved in crating and shipping this hood would end up costing me money in the end given the time it would take away from my regular work. Kevin is selling his hood for $50 in Indiana and it's a nice hood...yet nobody has stepped up to that one either. 10 years ago I had a hard time finding one of these hoods and the cheapest price I found at that time was $150 and I had to drive 2 hours to pick it up....if someone wants one, they will make the effort but it doesn't make sense for me to stop what I am doing and spend hours getting it ready to ship and then ship it when all it would do is put me behind another full day at the shop.

Sorry but reality is just that and its a lose/lose proposition from my standpoint. The scoops are an easy item to pack up...a hood is not. Sometimes if you want the deal on rust free parts, you just have to travel...heck I've got rust free Tbird/Cougar doors that I would sell for $25 if someone wanted to pick them up but the same reality of shipping applies to those as well.