93 F-150 4x4 ext cab
96 Mustang GT
98 Mustang GT
99 SVT Cobra
06 Fusion SEL
14 Fusion Sport

Nice 84 turbocoupe

Reply #2
Wow, even a sun roof! I didn't know these cars came with halo headrests. Interesting steering wheel too. Looks like it has Marchall fog light covers. No power antenna though, possibly no cigarette lighter.
2002 Honda Civic EX

1984 Ford Thunderbird Elan
5.0 CFI, T5, Dual Exhaust

Nice 84 turbocoupe

Reply #3
I would have thought the halos were a swap but I've seen them on 84 TCs before, not often tho'.  Sport steering wheel, available only w/o cruise, in 83/84?  Much nicer than the A frame wheel IMHO.

Nice looking original car...
tbirdregistry.com

Nice 84 turbocoupe

Reply #4
Quote from: dragon574444;345956
No power antenna though, possibly no cigarette lighter.

The cigarette lighter is to the left of the Premium Sound switch. I'll bet it's there, just hidden in the picture by the shift .

Quote from: rodsterh;345969
I would have thought the halos were a swap but I've seen them on 84 TCs before, not often tho'.

I agree, I have seen several halo's on '84 cars; most of the '83's don't seem to have them though. Ironically, the prototype that is in most of the literature does have halo's. :confused:
1985 Mercury Cougar XR-7 - 5-speed 
One of 1,246 built

Nice 84 turbocoupe

Reply #5
Real nice.
Never seen so many rustproofing plugs in a door jamb......
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

Nice 84 turbocoupe

Reply #6
Quote from: BCA;346039

I agree, I have seen several halo's on '84 cars; most of the '83's don't seem to have them though. Ironically, the prototype that is in most of the literature does have halo's. :confused:

Exactly...I never saw an 83 Tbird with factory halo's. 1984 SVO Mustangs are the same. Factory literature shows halos but don't know if any/many ever got them? What was Ford doing?? :hick:
tbirdregistry.com

Nice 84 turbocoupe

Reply #7
Quote from: rodsterh;346093
Exactly...I never saw an 83 Tbird with factory halo's. 1984 SVO Mustangs are the same. Factory literature shows halos but don't know if any/many ever got them? What was Ford doing?? :hick:

Good point, the halo's on the optional sport seats for the '83 Mustang GT's had the mesh netting in them so the first year we saw a non-mesh halo in a Mustang was in '84.
It might have been a supplier issue for '83. There is also the possibility that Ford hadn't completed the NHTSA in time for production in '83.
1985 Mercury Cougar XR-7 - 5-speed 
One of 1,246 built

Nice 84 turbocoupe

Reply #8
That car looks identical to the silver '84 TC that a friend of mine once owned. He had the charcoal leather interior and the halo (non-netted) headrests.

And Jerry, I've got just as many Ziebart plugs in my '84. ;)

Nice 84 turbocoupe

Reply #9
1600 bucks, reserve not met.  I would have loved that car for that price.
Mike

Nice 84 turbocoupe

Reply #10
14 gal tank?

antenna on the driver side,, I owned two 84's (cougs) and the antenna wasnt there.,at least i dont think it was.

Nice 84 turbocoupe

Reply #11
Second picture is flipped, Antenna is on Pass side as seen in first pic~Dunno about the tank.
~Project ThunderStorm = '84 Charcoal Thunderbird - First Car - Long Time Work in Progress~
~Project (No Name Yet) = 1970 Plymouth GTX/RR "Clone"~

Nice 84 turbocoupe

Reply #12
.. really.. lol

steering wheel is on the passenger side.. it's definitely flipped.. i bet they're hiding something