Skip to main content
Topic: converting 88t-bird to 5.0 HO (Read 1021 times) previous topic - next topic

converting 88t-bird to 5.0 HO

hello, i just have a few questions i need to get answered.My tbird is a 1988 with a 5.0. Im converting to 5.0 HO. I already have the e7te heads and stock HO cam, 19 lb injectors,60mm throttle body and egr spacer, HO upper intake. I will be converting to mass air later. already have mass air meter and sensor. What i need to know is if i can use my existing harness for now and use like a 86-88 speed density computer and just plug it in? Or do i have to get the mustang harness? any help will be greatly appreciated. I havent done any of the mods as of yet. Stock piling parts till i have everything i need. thank you,  jim

Re: converting 88t-bird to 5.0 HO

Reply #1
use a speed density stang computer with your stock harness
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #2
so thats it? just plug it in? kewl  thanks man.what if i decide to do the maf swap? just get the conversion kit? In other words my existing harness is already to go?  thank you

Reply #3
Quote from: 8birdy8
so thats it? just plug it in? kewl  thanks man.what if i decide to do the maf swap? just get the conversion kit? In other words my existing harness is already to go?  thank you

You got it...

Pin outs on the EECs are exactly the same and it determines the injector firing order. No wiring changes are necessary unless you convert to mass air, which is a waste of time and money on a stock 5.0 HO. They actually run a little stronger on speed densety.

Reply #4
thnx much!!