Skip to main content
Topic: sun roof weather seal (Read 2432 times) previous topic - next topic

sun roof weather seal

Ok so the sun roof seal on my '88 bird is shot, picked the wrong day to let it slide back, it took the seal with it and man i liked to never got it back in. But anybody know about how to replace one or any tips on how to get the old one out and the new one in ?
I'm the forum asshole, put on your big boy pants and deal with it.  :flip:

sun roof weather seal

Reply #1
i came on here wondering the same thing... mine never seals and whistles when i drive it so annoying.
84 TC - under contruction
2018 F150 2.7 4x4 STX
98 F-150 XLT - 4.6, auto, 4x4, extended cab

sun roof weather seal

Reply #3
You, sir.... Rock
1988 T-Bird LX- Awaiting HO build, Monster "Eat My Shift" AOD rated 550Hp. BBK ceramic shorties, Jegs mustang (catless) H-Pipe. mustang catback modified axle back for tbird, 94 17" Cobra wheels, 98 'Stang GT 8.8 Traction-lock

sun roof weather seal

Reply #4
i second that motion.... i did not do too much poking around on the web.... but THANKS dude.
84 TC - under contruction
2018 F150 2.7 4x4 STX
98 F-150 XLT - 4.6, auto, 4x4, extended cab

sun roof weather seal

Reply #5
I'll be checking out that website too.  I just commented on another post that I tried to find a replacement gasket/seal for my sunroof about 10 years ago with no luck.  For awhile I actually just sealed the whole thing up with silicone, but I missed being able to open it up so I eventually pulled the silicone back off.  Maybe the Sunroof Doctor has a better solution.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

sun roof weather seal

Reply #6
Okay, just checked the site.  I have to say that over $75 including shipping is a little higher than I would have expected.  I guess if it works it is still worth it, but do we know for sure that it works?  Anyone who has bought from here want to give any feedback?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

sun roof weather seal

Reply #7
Thats where I got mine for my 88.  It definately seals it up tight.  It actually took a while for it to be able to work itself again.  Needed some help for a while, but I think I did that 3 or 4 years ago and it still doesnt leak or make noise so I think its worth it!

88 t-bird tc - 14.97 @ 90  IHI 18 psi + k+n filter...so far - NOW HX-35 @25psi - 12.75@112    348rwhp/395rwtq
78 F-150 - 11.61@120 on 175shot N20 - 12.55@110 on motor - 5200# race weight:hick:

sun roof weather seal

Reply #8
Well I am going to have to give that a shot.  My Cougar's sunroof has made noise on the highway since the day I bought it over ten years ago.  I tried to buy a new seal from the dealer but they had already quit making them.  So if this will fix it it will be well worth the cost.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

sun roof weather seal

Reply #9
I ordered one of these sunroof weatherstrip kits in February and it never showed up.  I called Sunroof Doctor, and they said they are having trouble with the manufacturer that they have supposedly been using for 15 years.  They are now looking for a new manufacturer.  Hopefully they can get it figured out.  I'd hate for this to become another one of those parts that is about impossible to find.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

sun roof weather seal

Reply #10
Dang, that sucks.  Hopefully they get it sorted out!

88 t-bird tc - 14.97 @ 90  IHI 18 psi + k+n filter...so far - NOW HX-35 @25psi - 12.75@112    348rwhp/395rwtq
78 F-150 - 11.61@120 on 175shot N20 - 12.55@110 on motor - 5200# race weight:hick: