Skip to main content
Topic: Today i saw.... (Read 1605 times) previous topic - next topic

Today i saw....

I was walking to my home and i saw a Cougar 86............with Ground Effects Kit. The Car is U.S Plates and the fiscal laws make these cars illegal because the importation costs werent payed. The car is in regular/bad shape. I Want to make an offer to the owner for the GFX . They are in regular shape. The right side skirt are broke but is fixable. All 3 parts are Ok. How much i can offer ? Its ultra rare to see these things....

1985 Mercury Cougar V6
1989 F-200 V8
1996 Explorer V6
2001 F-150

Re: Today i saw....

Reply #1
ground effects are hard to come by in the states for the 83-86. I would maybe go for $500 or so. If it is worth it to you.
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #2
First rule of busness... Always try to get something as cheaply as possible.. He doesn't have to know the GFX are hard to find.... Offer him $50... If he won't go for it, ask what he will take... If he says $200, offer $125, then work your way up if he declines. Since it will be you trying to buy something that is not for sale, you may have to pay his price but do not be afraid to try to get a bargan.

I bought a car a few years ago for $750 that seller was asking $1500. I just kept acting like I wasn't really interested and almost offered him $900(figured it was a low ball price), when he blurted out I just won't take any less than $750... :rollin:

Reply #3
Quote from: MexCougar
The Car is U.S Plates and the fiscal laws make these cars illegal because the importation costs werent payed.

gimmie a break :bs:

Reply #4
Did I miss something here..?

Reply #5
Did I miss something here..?
Apparently, jcassity is disputing MexCougar's statement regarding regulations pertaining to cars brought into his country from elsewhere without being properly registered, import duties being paid, etc., etc.

He seems to have forgetten that other countries have different laws than his. For example, puppiesan seems to be a fun place...

http://www.jetsetpuppiesan.com/infozone-trans-auto.shtml
THE PARKING SPACE
You need to prove ownership of a parking space before you may buy a car in puppiesan and also submit certification of such (shakoshomeishou) to the police.
Death awaits you all with nasty, big, pointy teeth.

1988 5.0 Bird, mostly stock, partly not, now gone to T-Bird heaven.
1990 Volvo 740GL. 114 tire-shredding horsies, baby!

Reply #6
MasterBlaster Is Correct. The cars that were not sold first legally by the dealer in the country are not legal. However, so much people had cars (including my father, the explorer has colorado plates) and we are waiting for a Federal Mandatory, and we can legalize the car. Before that, our cars are illegal, and only joining with a asociation its posible to use the car. Otherwise, these cars can be Confiscated.

The Old 84´Cougar from my Father was North American. He legalize the car in 1992.......

1985 Mercury Cougar V6
1989 F-200 V8
1996 Explorer V6
2001 F-150

Reply #7
But this is not the point. I will take the strategy from TurboCoupe50, i will offer 500 pesos.......jejeje
1985 Mercury Cougar V6
1989 F-200 V8
1996 Explorer V6
2001 F-150