Skip to main content
Topic: makin my 2.3 killer (Read 1402 times) previous topic - next topic

makin my 2.3 killer

im taking my 2.3 liter to ATR in the next 1-2 years, gort it all plained out

getting the T-series turbo system that pumps out 35 PSI, getting full aftermarket rebuild done to engine, light wieght aluminum pistons that will lower my compresion and raise my rpms, cheperformance rear suspension control arms with poly bushings, got KYB struts all around poly bushings in front, with camber caster plates, soon will be ridering on 17X8.5 pirelli sport p7000 ZR rated tires,2 12" subs all new clarion front speakers, took out speaker on passenger dash put couplr of tweeters in,new throttle body, COSWORTH HEAD,and much more. its a 1988 thunderbird turbocoupe the soon to be viper killer
:birdsmily:

2.5" Cat Back Exhaust, CenterForce Stage 2 Dual Friction Clutch, B&M Ripper Shifter, T3/T4 Turbonetics 63 A/R Turbo, Rods Stainless Tubular Ceramic Coated Header, Boost Controller @ 15Psi, Kirban AFPR, 42lb Injectors, 190LPH Walbro Fuel pump, Ranger Roller Cam, 3" Aluminum Intake Tubing, K&N Cone,  KYB Struts, Koni Red Horizontals/Verticals, Eibach Sportline Springs, Racer Walsh C/C Plates, Polyurethane Bushings, 17x9 Cobra R Wheels

Re: makin my 2.3 killer

Reply #1
Sounds like you need to do some more research. 

Cosworth head? Nope....not unless you drop in a completely different engine...

There's also no need to lower static compression lower than the 8.0:1 it is stock.  Don't be dazzled by big boost numbers....esp if you want to use the car on a daily basis.  Low compression and high boost sucks for a street car....
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo - '85 Marquis LTS - '86 LTD Wagon

Reply #2
Just more big dreams, Chuck.

Reply #3
He's obviously drunk, Chuck. ;)

Viper killer, eh? We all have dreams, but we try to at least make them a possible reality. Stick around, pay attention, ask some questions, and these guys can help you make a Cobra killer (or contender, at any rate). Aiming high is good, but try not to BE high when you come up with your goals.

How much are you willing to spend on this, anyway? Without money, the only snake you'll be killing will be in your garden.

Reply #4
why go with aluminum pistons, get some titanium pistons, that are dished with a 7.5:1 compression ratio, the same company also makes lightened titanium rods, i believe they well a 2.7 stroker crank, which is forged aluminum, and the head adapter for the volvo head, if you buy the head adapter kit, it also gives you adapters for the intake and exhaust manifolds

i believe this company can be reached at inyourdreams.com
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #5
Quote from: Tbird232ci
why go with aluminum pistons, get some titanium pistons, that are dished with a 7.5:1 compression ratio, the same company also makes lightened titanium rods, i believe they well a 2.7 stroker crank, which is forged aluminum, and the head adapter for the volvo head, if you buy the head adapter kit, it also gives you adapters for the intake and exhaust manifolds

i believe this company can be reached at inyourdreams.com

Someone makes an adapter kit? :eek:

I thought I was going to have to fab all that  myself. Links, by'. I'm gonn' need some links. :hick:

*edit*
I R an idjit!

Reply #6
Quote from: oldraven
He's obviously drunk, Chuck. ;)

Viper killer, eh? We all have dreams, but we try to at least make them a possible reality. Stick around, pay attention, ask some questions, and these guys can help you make a Cobra killer (or contender, at any rate). Aiming high is good, but try not to BE high when you come up with your goals.

How much are you willing to spend on this, anyway? Without money, the only snake you'll be killing will be in your garden.

i got an easy $10,000 to spend, besides i got my suspension rebuilt and the rims/tires on it... ull all see one day ill post all the shiznit ive done, yeah it will eat snakes
:birdsmily:

2.5" Cat Back Exhaust, CenterForce Stage 2 Dual Friction Clutch, B&M Ripper Shifter, T3/T4 Turbonetics 63 A/R Turbo, Rods Stainless Tubular Ceramic Coated Header, Boost Controller @ 15Psi, Kirban AFPR, 42lb Injectors, 190LPH Walbro Fuel pump, Ranger Roller Cam, 3" Aluminum Intake Tubing, K&N Cone,  KYB Struts, Koni Red Horizontals/Verticals, Eibach Sportline Springs, Racer Walsh C/C Plates, Polyurethane Bushings, 17x9 Cobra R Wheels

Reply #7
but 10,000 dollars wont buy you knowledge
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #8
:bs:  :toilet:  :asshole:

Reply #9
Quote from: turbo88
i got an easy $10,000 to spend, besides i got my suspension rebuilt and the rims/tires on it... ull all see one day ill post all the shiznit ive done, yeah it will eat snakes

:rollin:

Well it doesn't matter how much money you have, you're not going to get a Cosworth head to fit on a 2.3 Lima block...

A rebuilt stock style suspension and wheels/tires is not going to make a Viper beater out of a TurboCoupe....

I suppose if you threw enough money at it you'd have a nice shiney expensive pile of parts.

But hey, what do I know about the Fox chassis or the Ford 2.3T?  :wtf:

*shakes fist* "ull all see one day ill post all the shiznit ive done" *wanders off into corner muttering to himself* *looks back over shoulder* **shakes fist* "U'll see!!" *continues wandering and muttering*

Maybe you should spend that $10K on a couple years of higher education....
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo - '85 Marquis LTS - '86 LTD Wagon