Skip to main content
Topic: firing up ho with so computer (Read 1986 times) previous topic - next topic

firing up ho with so computer

Reply #15
Quote from: ThunderbirdSport302;340868
That won't matter very much in his case, if at all...the fuel/air isn't going anywhere until the intake valves open...he'll have more issues with idling than anything. A lot of things to consider, for example; is the car forced induction? does it need a mass-air eec? etc etc.

I've got an '86 5.0HO eec, I'll send it to you try in there, if you want..up to you..

not sure if or when the Stangs went to sequential, but I do know the trucks were batch fire throughout most of the 90's.
The other ford cars I don't know about, so I can't say.

Quote from: Bruce M;341383
The SO computer fires the injecters by bank so the firing order on the injecters dont matter. So it will run fine for brake-in. The HO fires the injecters sequential so it will only work with the matching cam firing order.

All passenger car 5.0s both SO and HO are SEFI. Only the trucks had batch fire.
88 Thunderbird LX: 306, Edelbrock Performer heads, Comp 266HR cam, Edelbrock Performer RPM intake, bunch of other stuff.

firing up ho with so computer

Reply #16
Quote from: thunderjet302;341420
All passenger car 5.0s both SO and HO are SEFI. Only the trucks had batch fire.

That makes since. The only thing I put a HO in was a 86 Bronco. And it ran fine with the stock truck computer. Does'nt the trucks run 19lb injecters? My truck had yellow top injecters.
88 Cougar LS 5.0 .030 over, ported E7s with GT40 valves & trickflow springs, Proform roller rockers, HO cam, removed air silencer, K&N filter, smog pump delete, 2.25" dual flowmasters, Pacestter H-pipe & headers, HO computer, 65mm TB, Explorer intake, 19# injecters, 3.45s, rebuilt posi, and TCI shift kit.