Skip to main content
Topic: Uh...not a fan. (Read 1280 times) previous topic - next topic

Uh...not a fan.

Reply #1
horrible

Uh...not a fan.

Reply #2
WTF...why??  As if the front end weren't bad enough, they had to add those horrible stripes as well.  Eeeewwww.
'88 'bird, 10.9:1 306 w/TFS top end, forged rods/pistons, T-5 swap & bunch of other stuff, 1-family owned, had it since ‘98, 5.0tbrd88 on Instagram and YouTube

Uh...not a fan.

Reply #3
Dang , a moon roof sport no less:mullet:

I dont hate it but if it was a V6 base model I would like it more
Fox-less at the moment

Uh...not a fan.

Reply #4
Quote from: hypostang;340600
Dang , a moon roof sport no less:mullet:

That's what I thought when I first saw it too..."why would someone do that to a sport?"
-'88 Tbird 3.8
-2012 Altima 2.5 BASE. 
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Future: Budget 5.0 300 HP.

Uh...not a fan.

Reply #5
Looks better on the Fox than it does in the MN12. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that with some tweaks (wheels, paint, get rid of those God-awful bumpers) I could actually like it. I'd like to see one done on a four-eye, though - I think the side glass on a four-eye would go better with the whole '50 Ford look...
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Uh...not a fan.

Reply #6
Honestly its not that bad. Its all steel with actual 50's metal on it, I can appriciate it far more than the cut and stick fiberglass kits EVERYONE does to mn-12's...

I wouldnt say it was destroyed, but you know its one less bird going to the junkyard anytime soon

-Blain
1988 T-Bird LX- Awaiting HO build, Monster "Eat My Shift" AOD rated 550Hp. BBK ceramic shorties, Jegs mustang (catless) H-Pipe. mustang catback modified axle back for tbird, 94 17" Cobra wheels, 98 'Stang GT 8.8 Traction-lock

Uh...not a fan.

Reply #7
Too bad its so ugly. It's pretty close to me.

Uh...not a fan.

Reply #8
Would anyone close to the seller like to do me a favor and put it and its owner out of their misery? Thats just plain wrong no matter how you look at it and i am just waiting for the 20 clowns to pop out of it.
1987 Thunderbird Sport (soon to be GT edition) - In shop getting new paint job and interior work. (put on hold as of 11/2/2010, Resumed and going at it slowly its hard to be poor nowadays...)

Uh...not a fan.

Reply #9
Well, its not my style.  His work is really amazing though.  Very few untied strings on that car.  Its a shame his efforts going into that and not rodding something unique.
My car is a gravity hybrid.  The gasoline engine gets me up the hills, and gravity gets me down.

Uh...not a fan.

Reply #10
I see the good and the bad in it.

Yeah, it is a Sport, yeah, it *looks* to be top notch work, and yeah, it'd be neat to own.

I too think an '85-'86 might have better lines due the smaller, different shaped c-pillar.

With that said, a moonroof? C'mon guys, they suck ass lol.
One less Sport in the junkyard, and still, well, mobile.

Is it possible to like, but yet dislike the same car?

Wheels, different paint, and some handling/suspension upgrades...where do I sign?
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)

Uh...not a fan.

Reply #11
Quote from: ThunderbirdSport302;340649
With that said, a moonroof? C'mon guys, they suck ass lol.

Not for us dwarf like folks that are less than  5'6" ,,I still have plenty of head room...lol
Fox-less at the moment

Uh...not a fan.

Reply #12
LMAO. The car is arse ugly. It's from the next town over from me. Seen it out a few times.
:america: 1988 Thunderbird Sport, Former 4.6 DOHC T56 conversion project.

Rest of the country, Welcome to Massachusettes. Enjoy your stay.

Halfbreed... Mango Orange Y2K Mustang GT
FRPP complete 2000 Cobra engine swap, T56 n' junk...
~John~

Uh...not a fan.

Reply #13
that poor poor sport.. that's disgusting.. i admire the amount of work, but that just looks like my butt.. not pretty hahah

Uh...not a fan.

Reply #14
Quote from: hypostang;340650
Not for us dwarf like folks that are less than  5'6" ,,I still have plenty of head room...lol

Yeah, I'm an inch shy of 6 feet...a manual seat (think no downward adjustment...) and a moonroof don't mix for a (somewhat) tall feller. I suppose I could I tilt the seat way back, but then I'd have to wear boxers uunder my pants that sag down to mid-thigh, and a pen 15eyed ball cap and f*ck all....

Yup...either the moonroof has gotta go, or the manny seat bracket....since I do have a power seat track, but no mad skillz with a welder yo, the roof with the moonshine hole has to stay...
'98 Explorer 5.0
'20 Malibu (I know, Chevy, but, 35MPG. Let's go brandon, eh)