"Wait 'til your father gets home",

Still makes me shudder  LOL
FOXLESS!!

1994 Lincoln Mark VIII

wow, just wow..

Reply #16
Quote from: 20thanniver-ls;338894
Still makes me shudder  LOL

I ain't laughing, here ...I hated hearing Mom say that ....
If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't f**k with 'em

wow, just wow..

Reply #17
Bullying is exactly why I pulled Keely out of school last year and home schooled her... also part of why we moved to a new town, new school.  Last year she was in 6th grade... and for those who know here, you know how tiny she is... it made her an easy target.
Kids broke into her locker and stole her books... they kicked her and punched her.
I went to the superintendent of the school and he and the teachers did nothing... this had gone on since she was in 4th grade....I finally had enough and pulled her out...
she became a totally different kids after that... she went back to being her old joking humorous self, and was much easier to get along with.
Now she's in a new school and they don't put up with bullying... she loves it there and is thriving.
I was bullied when I was in school too... for being overweight...like I didn't know I was anyway. Now I look back and realize I wasn't as big as I thought I was because of what people said... I didn't take their shiznit though, I decked a couple of them back then and got away with it for the most part.  More because of who my dad was and because he had warned the school that if they didn't make it stop, he would let me do what I had to do.
Kids now are allowed to get away with too much shiznit... and I tell my kids not to put up with it... I try to handle it civilly when it starts, but if it keeps on, then I let my kids handle it their way... not may mess with my boys.  And they would have loved to have taken care of the kids that were messing with Kee...but since the boys were 17 and 18 at the time, I couldn't let them do it.... not cool for them to pound an 11 year old.
:cougarsmily:~Karen~

wow, just wow..

Reply #18
They are a bunch of wimps, no I was not a bully lol. Seems like fights are not settling the problems like they use to, because a good old fashioned court yard brawl will put you in the slammer. Oh and don't get me started on the kids that were the skinny jeans and the justin beber hair, they might bring it upon them selves.:nannerbang: I just don't understand how it could be so bad that they have to take the easy way out, :shoothead I guess I don't understand the point of wanting to be so different to get attention even if its negative. Sorry just rambling on my thoughts kids are changing everyday, I have yet to see boy's that I would like to see my daughters with and the oldest is 7, that means by the time she starts dating things will be even worse.:punchballs:
1986 T-bird
347 stroker motor
185 AFR Heads
TrickFlow cam 224/232-542/563
Victor Jr. intake CNC ported
Quickfuel Holley 800 cfm
Hooker 1-3/4 long tubes
Custom built AOD
B&M 3000 stall
8.8 w/4.30 gears
UPR K-member,A-Arms,and coil-overs
UPR upper/lower control arms
Strange shocks/struts
26x10x15 M/T slicks
11.48@119.27
(coming soon Tremec 3550)
The Finished Product
http://s174.photobucket.com/albums/w92/03grinnie/T-bird/

wow, just wow..

Reply #19
Quote from: daminc;338886
wow, your old...

That's funny Jerry.................
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

wow, just wow..

Reply #20
Yeah I'm another one who always did the different thing (my hair's been how many colors over the history of CJ?) I played electric bass in the school band, I was the resident "freak" in my school. I got turned in to the guidance counselors for suicidal thoughts when I wasn't having any, got threatened by teachers and students alike, the whole 9 yards. I graduated in 2001 for a time line reference btw.

Bullying has always and will always be there. There should be a point where something is done, no kid deserves daily torment, but at the same time I do think it's part of life and you shouldn't be sheltered from it entirely. Kids need to learn to stick up for themselves too though and tell people to shove it. I went from people giving me , to them being afraid of me and then FINALLY senior year going "wait, you're actually pretty normal"

It's messed up what happened to those kids but at the same time you have to wonder why they never said anything. Sure it's hard to talk about things but I'm known as a bitch most of the time because I gave up on pleasantries and tell it how it is now. I won't go out of my way to be mean but if you piss me off, trust me, you'll know when where and why.

Honestly I'm with Carmen on the whole getting caught on camera thing. I don't believe in being abusive but I do believe in a swat to the butt for unnecessary behavior. I'm not going to put up with temper tantrums at a store or let Dakota run around like a psycho in a restaurant. There's a time and a place to play and she'll know what they are. I smile when I see kids running around having fun in a controlled way at the store and when they see me with a baby stop and tell their younger siblings "be careful there's a baby" it at least gives me a little bit of hope.

It all comes down to the fact that I'd hate to be a kid nowadays. Everyone is expected to grow up in a hurry and there are just so many idiots out there that you can't do anything anymore. It's really quite pathetic the turns that "civilization" has made, it's definately anything but civil.

wow, just wow..

Reply #21
Vinnie,
He pulled a "daminc" and originally had the wrong date on the post. think it said he was born in 1071...lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
***** Project "EVOLUTION" 1987 Cougar LS  & 1985 Cougar Convertible *****
[/COLOR]
5.0 HO 306 roller block, machined GT-40P heads, Wiseco dished forged pistons, Eagle forged floating I-beam connecting rods, Lunati pushrods, ARP bolts, Scorpion aluminum 1.6 rockers, Comp Cams Magnum 266HR, Explorer intake, 65mm TB, MAF Conversion, 19# injectors, Ford Racing stainless P-headers, 2-1/2" cat-less exhaust w/ Flowtech Afterburner lers , SC AOD with 2800 BDR torque converter, 3.73 T-Lok rear, CHE rear control arms, full 2-1/2" frame w/1" jacking rails & seat supports, Rear disk brakes, Turbine wheels, All original interior w/ floor shift upgrade .......
Pretty much every panel on my 87 is new, rebuilt, or re constructed. :D
Join us on Facebook

wow, just wow..

Reply #22
On kind of a related subject.

A week or so ago, I get an email from the alumni association regarding THIS PROGRAM, and I actually considered it.  Go back to school, get a masters degree, and teach in a "needy" school district for 3 years.  There's a slim chance I'd get accepted to it, but on the surface it seems like a good deal.
However, the week I get the email, I have 2-3 dealings with teenagers who would be representative of the kids I would wind up teaching, and it sours me on the whole thing.

I'm not blind to it, I'm still living in the "hood" I grew up in, live with inner city folks, day in day out (I hadn't run off to the suburbs), and I know these kind of programs are needed, and these kids need it. However, the little shiznits have no respect for anyone, and their parents don't care either.  I doubt I'd last the 3 years w/o throttling someone.

Kind of a shame, really, but I'm sure someone else might have a better temperament towards it than I.
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo - '85 Marquis LTS - '86 LTD Wagon

wow, just wow..

Reply #23
Quote from: daminc;338951
Vinnie,
He pulled a "daminc" and originally had the wrong date on the post. think it said he was born in 1071...lol

1071....1967.....what's the difference at this point?LOL.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

wow, just wow..

Reply #24
Chuck,I see where you're coming from. These days,they have taken so much of the teachers authority away,and the kids know that the teachers are almost helpless. Our teachers when I was in school had the power to give a few swats with the paddle. The teacher would ask if we wanted "licks" (keep the comments to yourselves) or a call to my parents.....Go ahead and break out the "board of education". It was gonna hurt,but the punishment was better than what I'd get at home,and a lot quicker. Respect isn't taught to children anymore (well,to the majority). It starts at home. No,parents can't always succeed,but if they don't try,the odds are even greater that bad things will happen.Gayle and I are very involved in our kids lives (the two left that live with us). You know....the whole "as long as you live under our roof...." rules. It has worked great so far. If you don't like our rules,feel free to pay your own rent,tuition,food bills,utilities,etc. That always seems to get our daughter's attention pretty quick. My youngest said the other day "I have rights"...I quickly informed him he had the right to meals and shelter. After that,he's a child and hasn't earned any rights.

wow, just wow..

Reply #25
Quote from: turbo_88_XR7;338877
i got my ass beat many times when i was a kid.. had many wooden spoons broken over my ass.. then my mom bought the hard plastic 1's, they don't break lmao..

Ditto. And it taught me pretty quick.

I don't understand the mentality of some of these "people"....
-'88 Tbird 3.8
-2012 Altima 2.5 BASE. 
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Future: Budget 5.0 300 HP.

wow, just wow..

Reply #26
Quote from: Thunder Chicken;338883
How many of us older folk (IE born before the 1990s, or in my case, the early 1970's) see children acting out and think "Man, when I was a kid I'd get my ass tanned if I acted like that"? Those thoughts are proof that or parents being firm with us worked...

and that's why my buddy josh is a firm believer in spanking his kids when they're bad.. like playing with a rusty razor blade, which was the most recent. my neighbor on the other hand, refuses to lay a hand on her child, she 'yells' at them and that's the end of it.. today he was being a little prick as usual, so i grabbed him by the arm (not hard, so the neighbor can't start any un-needed BS) and told him i was going to tell his FATHER, who strangely and sickly enough enjoys beating his ass when he's doing something they shouldn't.. didn't have a problem with him for the rest of the day :D

wow, just wow..

Reply #27
Quote from: RunninWild;338963
Ditto. And it taught me pretty quick

i laughed when she broke the last 1.. then she came home with the hard plastic 1's.. no more laughing.. hahahah

wow, just wow..

Reply #28
LOL, I never got a single spanking from my parents growing up... I had older siblings and I learned my lesson from them.... however, my dad always said I knew just how far to push things before he hit his breaking point.... lol, I always liked my dad.
It was worse to have a talking to from him than for him to spank me... I hated to hear how I disappointed him in some way. But he always stuck up for me when I needed it too.

My kids give me very few problems, and they stay out of trouble, for the most part. We had an incident with Hunter a few weeks ago, of course he doesn't live with us anymore so it wasn't our issue, but I sat and cried for 3 days over it... he didn't want me to even know about it, but I was called anyway.  I explained that we need to know these kinds of things, and we could have maybe helped him with the situation had he told us the truth to begin with... he has since learned that being an adult and on his own has a lot more responsibility that comes with it than he thought.  I think he learned his lesson, even though the situation isn't completely resolved yet.

Part of being a parent is being there for your kids when they need you, and being able to say you still have to pay the price if you screw up... I think our kids respect us more for that than if we bailed them out of everything.

But we aren't like most parents either... we expect our kids to behave and be polite.... they are for the most part.... but they still have their moments.
:cougarsmily:~Karen~

wow, just wow..

Reply #29
Our nation's morals in general are going down the drain IMO. Most of our "entertainment" today is filled with drugs, violence, shag, and materialism. There is very little emphasis placed on doing what is morally right and respectable. So why are we surprised when our kids are acting out what they see on a daily basis.
...and there was light!