Skip to main content
Topic: ABS to Vac using the M/C with the Plastic res (Read 973 times) previous topic - next topic

ABS to Vac using the M/C with the Plastic res

Just as the title states everything that I have read utlizes the M/C with the cast res. Has anyone here actually used the M/C with the plastic res? The reason I ask is the M/C with the plastic res already has 3 ports. Also how do you tell what the boor size is on a M/C??
87 TC
HO Swap, T5 Swap, Mach Springs, CHE Upper and Lower control arms, Mach Chin spoiler, soon to be Procharged.

:evilgrin: Nitrous is like a hot chick with an STD you want to hit it but are scared of the consequences. :evilgrin:

Reply #1
you look at the back of it where the rod sits...

why do you need 3 ports? with the right combo valve you will not need the 3rd one
1985 TC (yet another one) Fully loaded
has 225k mile  still with the factory head gasket

84  Turbo ranger  Daily driver  ($800.00 Ebay deal)
          volvo FMIC and more getto rigging than the law should allow

Reply #2
The reason I am asking is I already have the Mustang Booster and M/C. I would like to use this to replace the ABS that is currently in the TC and was just wandering if the ABS system utlizes the 3 ports could I use the Mustange M/C?
87 TC
HO Swap, T5 Swap, Mach Springs, CHE Upper and Lower control arms, Mach Chin spoiler, soon to be Procharged.

:evilgrin: Nitrous is like a hot chick with an STD you want to hit it but are scared of the consequences. :evilgrin:

Reply #3
looks like it, I just checked my spare tevs unit the rear and one front run to the combo valve, the other lie is direct to the caliper
1985 TC (yet another one) Fully loaded
has 225k mile  still with the factory head gasket

84  Turbo ranger  Daily driver  ($800.00 Ebay deal)
          volvo FMIC and more getto rigging than the law should allow

Reply #4
when I did my swap I used the SVO M/C with a little plumbing and some fittings and all has been well and the stopping power is much better than the ABS....

http://www.turbotbird.com/techinfo/Converting_TC_ABS_MC_to_Vacuum_Assist_Brakes.htm