Skip to main content
Topic: 1987 Evtm (Read 3919 times) previous topic - next topic

Re: 1987 Evtm

Reply #15
Eric
somewhere in the mist of my previous emails to ford, it occured to me that you might wanna take this bull by the horns.  reasons are pretty self explanitory based on the last contact.  Being that im not the owner or said person in charge of the event we want to take place,, you might wanna jump in. 

the next email i get,, ill cc you and explain the transition to the tradmark guy and handoff this off to you.

if you dont wanna ,, ill finish what i started.

Reply #17
Just got off the phone with Jim Kuntz with FoMoCo and straight and to the point,, we can not post electronic manuals on the internet.

Other offeres were made to reproduce the manual following the process ford has in place but no one on the internet would ever be allowed to post manuals in soft copy residing on a server.

We are, on the other hand, allowed to produce our own drawings and post them without any issues. 

Ford has a large revenue bin within the restoration and reproduction arena of older cars and such.  Its possible that if we were to post this manual here , it would creat a monitary loss for those companies working for ford under agreed terms and conditions.

Reply #18
Residing on a server ?

Whats about a P2P Net ? Spread on K++ and will be forever avaible...

It´s only a idea....
1985 Mercury Cougar V6
1989 F-200 V8
1996 Explorer V6
2001 F-150

Reply #19
no,, that still effects other companies who make bread and butter doing this work for ford.

Reply #20
Quote from: jcassity
Ford has a large revenue bin within the restoration and reproduction arena of older cars and such.  Its possible that if we were to post this manual here , it would creat a monitary loss for those companies working for ford under agreed terms and conditions.

That's all well and good, but I don't exactly see these "companies" beating a path to our doors right now. Possible? Certainly. Probable? Don't bet money on it. Ford is leaving the door open for them but closing it nearly all the way for us...you know, the people that BOUGHT THE FRICKIN' CARS IN THE FIRST PLACE. I smell a bunch of marketing :bs:

I thank you for the effort, Scott. You've gone above and beyond the call of duty. Take a bow!  :bowdown:

And for anyone that needs a copy of an EVTM book: scour eBay. They're on there all the time. Better to line someone else's pockets than Ford's.

Reply #21
sorry to dig this up, but what if we were to "serve" it on a email address, called (example only) foxtbirdcougarforums@yahoo.com or something like that, and set it up so that you can be sent out a copy by the page number automatically? then it isnt actually in a server, and there sint any liablility
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com