Skip to main content
Topic: '85 Cougar LS (Black) Leather Steering Wheel wanted... (Read 1695 times) previous topic - next topic

'85 Cougar LS (Black) Leather Steering Wheel wanted...

Reply #30
Quote from: vinnietbird;329292
WOW !!! That's nice. I want something close to that,but a little different.Hard to explain. I need to hit ebay and shop around.I assume you need an install kit for it?If so,it doesn't push the wheel out does it?

If you use the standard spacer it does put it closer to you , but they make spacers from 1/4"  and up to 3 inch
 I use a 1/2" one
Fox-less at the moment

Reply #31
I can handle 1/4 of an inch,but I want it to look "right".
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #32
Quote from: vinnietbird;329311
I can handle 1/4 of an inch,but I want it to look "right".

The one inch spacer puts it just about where the stock wheel sits.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/GRT-4002/
Fox-less at the moment

Reply #34
Quote from: 85cougar;329342
WOW Vinny, did you see this lid?http://www.american-stitches.com/images/Wheels%20Leather/Ford%20Thunderbird%201988.jpg

Is that link the company name as well.I love that console lid.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

Reply #35
Quote from: vinnietbird;329359
Is that link the company name as well.I love that console lid.

Yes it is .
Fox-less at the moment

Loaner Steering Wheel

Reply #36
:bowdown: Dansbirds has agreed to let us borrow his extra steering wheel while we have ours releathered. It should only take a couple of weeks after they receive it then back home and on the Cougar it goes. :headbang: :cool:

D & P :D

Reply #37
I gotta know....how much $$ is it going to be?

Reply #38
Don't know. Just saw it while browsing examples on their website. Maybe time to make the phone call. Yes. When I saw that I said "Vinny"!

Reply #39
I'm checking with them about my console lid and my pistol grip shifter . I hate the billet aluminum,it's deadly when it's been siting in the "over a hundred degree" temps.I need to throw a cloth over it and see if it helps,but hot is hot.

Reply #40
Quote from: vinnietbird;329410
I'm checking with them about my console lid and my pistol grip shifter . I hate the billet aluminum,it's deadly when it's been siting in the "over a hundred degree" temps.I need to throw a cloth over it and see if it helps,but hot is hot.

Try a sock! You can embroider it with a Tbird logo... :rollin:

But yeah deadly was touching the tools that were closed up in the trunk of my Bird yesterday... Hot hot hot! I had to let them sit in the shade before I could use them.

Reply #41
Now,take tho0se tools and set them in direct 100 degree sunlight for 8 1/2 hours.My hand caught on fire.

Reply #42
Quote from: vinnietbird;329455
Now,take tho0se tools and set them in direct 100 degree sunlight for 8 1/2 hours.My hand caught on fire.

Literally branding irons!

Reply #43
Thank You :bowdown: Dansbirds very much for letting us borrow this loaner steering wheel untill ours is returned friend. :D

Dan & Paula ;)

p.s. Pics will be posted after it gets reinstalled...:burnout:

Reply #44
You shoulda held out for a base model Fairmont wheel.... LOL!