Skip to main content
Topic: Keep blowing low side hose on ps pump (Read 750 times) previous topic - next topic

Keep blowing low side hose on ps pump

Here is the problem I have done the 2.3 to ho swap on my 87 tc I put the v8 pump on with the res built in and did away with the res that was mounted on the fender well. Filled up the PS pump and it blew the low press rubber line comming off the rack. i got a new clamp and reinstalled the hose filled the pump back up and started the car this time it blew the hose off of the pump itself and it almost blew the same line at the rack as well. Am i missing something here when i did the swap should there be that much pressure on the return side?
87 TC
HO Swap, T5 Swap, Mach Springs, CHE Upper and Lower control arms, Mach Chin spoiler, soon to be Procharged.

:evilgrin: Nitrous is like a hot chick with an STD you want to hit it but are scared of the consequences. :evilgrin:

Reply #1
That seems kinda wierd. It is just the return line. I did not tink there was that much pressure comming back. I wonder of the new ho pump is putting out too much pressure to the rack and the week spot is the return hose? But you would think it would pop the cap off the p/s pump.
1988 Thunderbird Sport. Work in Progress
5.8L swap w/fitech efi, 4R70W swap w/quick 4 controller, 2003 GT rear diff, 5 Lug swap

Bought this car back as an old project car.

:burnout:

Reply #2
I didn't even have the cap on the PS pump
87 TC
HO Swap, T5 Swap, Mach Springs, CHE Upper and Lower control arms, Mach Chin spoiler, soon to be Procharged.

:evilgrin: Nitrous is like a hot chick with an STD you want to hit it but are scared of the consequences. :evilgrin:

Reply #3
never mind im a dumbass i didnt take the plug off of the return port on the new pump
87 TC

Reply #4
I will stay quiet then.......LOL.
1988 Thunderbird Sport. Work in Progress
5.8L swap w/fitech efi, 4R70W swap w/quick 4 controller, 2003 GT rear diff, 5 Lug swap

Bought this car back as an old project car.

:burnout: