Skip to main content
Topic: Looks to be a good summer (Read 2551 times) previous topic - next topic

Looks to be a good summer

The 6" K&N is installed, I have my Gillis Boost Valve on order as we speak, and I will be getting a T3 (60/63) with down pipe and E3 for a practice port soon.

Time to plan for that head gasket. :hick:

Re: Looks to be a good summer

Reply #1
I just got an intake, e7 heads and throttle body off of a 91 HO thunderbird. So I am not far behind ya  ;)
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #2
just installed an fmic and 255lph fuel pump , gillis valve also on order along with adjustable fuel regulator.just need to finish the 3" exhaust and finish the M5R2 swap on my SC and that will be it for me this summer  cause i'll be either out of spare time or $$$ possibly both.

Reply #3
Oh yeah? Well I just... um... er...

Installed an overhead console! Yeah, that's it! The overhead console! I might not go any faster, but I'll know where I'm going :crazy:
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #4
Or what direction you're heading, at any rate. :D

Reply #5
It'll be a good summer if I get just one of these other two cars on the road again.

Smells nice when working out there. Just had 8 rose blooms come up (and 11 more on the way) and a couple different jasmine plants bloom. Of course, five minutes under the hood of the '88 and all that is replaced by leaked-out coolant and 16 years of crud.. :p

Reply #6
Quote from: Thunder Chicken
Oh yeah? Well I just... um... er...

Installed an overhead console! Yeah, that's it! The overhead console! I might not go any faster, but I'll know where I'm going :crazy:

Show off!!! :raspberry
Quote from: jcassity
I honestly dont think you could exceed the cost of a new car buy installing new *stock* parts everywhere in your coug our tbird. Its just plain impossible. You could revamp the entire drivetrain/engine/suspenstion and still come out ahead.
Hooligans! 
1988 Crown Vic wagon. 120K California car. Wifes grocery getter. (junked)
1987 Ford Thunderbird LX. 5.0. s.o., sn-95 t-5 and an f-150 clutch. Driven daily and going strong.
1986 cougar.
lilsammywasapunkrocker@yahoo.com

Reply #7
I just put $10 of gas in my car which ALMOST brought it up to the empty mark! :banana: I did get my friends old pair of 6X9's so they might go in tomorrow or thursday W00T!
1980 birds X 3, 1982 bird, 1984 XR7, 1988 TC

Reply #8
I removed the lowering springs ans installed a set(all 4) of stockers in the Blue Bird, so I'll be able to get some traction at the strip. Now the thing stands up like a friggin 4X4.... :(..

With a TC, Aerostar, and Nephews Mustang to get ready to sell, I gots lots more to do..

Reply #9
Quote from: TurboCoupe50
I removed the lowering springs ans installed a set(all 4) of stockers in the Blue Bird, so I'll be able to get some traction at the strip. Now the thing stands up like a friggin 4X4.... :(..

With a TC, Aerostar, and Nephews Mustang to get ready to sell, I gots lots more to do..

What's that, Tom? You say you wanna trade those lowering springs for a sequencer? :hick:
2015 Mustang GT Premium - 5.0, 6-speed, Guard Green - too much awesome for one car

1988 5.0 Thunderbird :birdsmily: SOLD SEPT 11 2010: TC front clip/hood ♣ Body & paint completed Oct 2007 ♣ 3.55 TC rear end and front brakes ♣ TC interior ♣ CHE rear control arms (adjustable lowers) ♣ 2001 Bullitt springs ♣ Energy suspension poly busings ♣ Kenne Brown subframe connectors ♣ CWE engine mounts ♣ Thundercat sequential turn signals ♣ Explorer overhead console (temp/compass display) ♣ 2.25" off-road dual exhaust ♣ T-5 transmission swap completed Jan 2009 ♣

Reply #10
UUUMMM prolly.... I need to take a good look at the fronts I removed, not sure but they maybe Stang stockers.... They do really set the car down, and looked good, but I can't race it like that....

Reply #11
Here she is. Paid for and awaiting delivery. :D

Tom, I imagine you're the man to ask. What do you think a rebuild kit will cost on this unit? It only cost $100 US before shipping, so no matter, it's a deal.

Reply #12
rebuilds generally cost about $100 US

for this summer...i dont really know

im planning on trying to at least get the 5.0 long block in the car, and the wiring harness in and most of what i can wired up, and possibly piece together a 5-speed setup for the red one also, but before i do that, i might have a little something to buy from a guy out in frederick  :evilgrin:

as for the TC, i dont know much of what will happen this summer, maybe T3, ported E6, 3" exhaust, and a boost controller

after that, ill throw an FMIC, gutted/ported intakes, and a 65mm throttle body on it, and call it done, throw some subframe connectors on it, and wait for the body to start rotting
It's Gumby's fault.

Reply #13
Tom - lemme know if those are T-Bird or Mustang springs. Not that it matters much, I don't drag race. I just want the car to not handle like it's sprung with bungee cords as it does now

Reply #14
Quote from: Thunder Chicken
I just want the car to not handle like it's sprung with bungee cords as it does now

What, you mean it's NOT supposed to hop up and down like a low-rider when you hit a dip in the road at 45 mph?  :grinno: