Skip to main content
Topic: value of 20th anniv (Read 2644 times) previous topic - next topic

value of 20th anniv

Reply #15
I'd keep it and enjoy it, but then I'm the sentimental type.

If you really want to sell it, you probably need to get the car to somewhere else.  I'm unhappy with Autotrader, but you might consider them.  They offer a "run til it sells" option, which is a lie.  It's good for a year if they decide not to pull it before then.  There are car auctions, but times are tough for sellers now.  You could saturate Craigslist with ads all over the country. And there's always evilbay.

Or you could tell your wife that the Cougar is your campfire.
#1 (left): undergoing top-to-bottom rebuild     
#2 (right): DD, power everything (sorta)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

value of 20th anniv

Reply #16
Quote from: t3skidoo;326805
I'd keep it and enjoy it, but then I'm the sentimental type.

+1  I wanted an Anny Cougar SO bad when they came out, but couldn't swing it. Had our second kid in 87 and a new car wasn't in the cards. I LOVE those cars and yours is so clean. You need to keep it and preserve it, so I can be envious of you.
1987 Turbo Coupe - Son's car
1987 Super Coupe - Son's project car
1934 Ford - My project car

value of 20th anniv

Reply #17
I believe it comes down to the value of how much you want to sell it for. Many people do not know that it is a rare car. one of 5000. When its over - its over. Enjoy riding the crest of the wave.
But in the same token - if someone approaches you or you want to sell it - keep in mind that you would want to sell it to someone who appreciates it, not someone who just wants it. (Like sharing a glass of fine cognac. If I am making sense)  I am on my 6th Anni. I just bought mine for just under $5000. it pained me, but I didnt mind the price, because I love the car.

value of 20th anniv

Reply #18
All this talk of remembering our first cars makes me think of this scene ...it starts about the 5 minute mark
If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't f**k with 'em

value of 20th anniv

Reply #19
87anniv, and I think everybody else should give Eric's February 15, 2005 State of the Cat another good read.
If worms had daggers, birds wouldn't f**k with 'em

value of 20th anniv

Reply #20
87anniv, Sounds like a deal to me if the AC works, heater works, brakes, radiator amd brake hoses good, master cylinder, locks,windows, etc works. Let me know. Best regards, Cat88