Skip to main content
Topic: ok need to find a relay (Read 1261 times) previous topic - next topic

ok need to find a relay

I'll be hitting the yard this weekend if it doesn't rain, but if someone could tell me what relay I need that goes to the dash prior to that I'll just buy it new.

These relays are behind the center console behind dash area. I had one that was hanging down and didn't think it went to anything. Found out it does. it is suppose to supply my dash lights with power.

it's hard to explain where they are bu they clip up to the right side of the drivers foot well area. there should be two Grey ones and a black one.

thanks,
Big G

ok need to find a relay

Reply #1
Depending on features you can have up to 6 relays.
From the 87 EVTM:

ok need to find a relay

Reply #2
Quote from: softtouch;325615
Depending on features you can have up to 6 relays.
From the 87 EVTM:

And they are NOT all the same...

ok need to find a relay

Reply #3
it's the instrument cluster relay... i had another one same style as that one in the first pic.. i changed it to the one i am missing... walla...i have dash lights... it says Ford E4LB on it. I think I need the numbers under the E4LB to get the right one.
Thanks for the help.

ok need to find a relay

Reply #4
i have had a hell of a time so far with this car. I enjoy it though especially when I win..lol... Car was owned by some kids two owners ago and they tried to run high power audio equipment the wrong way and fried ( and by fried I mean they melted the wire out of the casing fried) a wire out from the fuse panel all along the driver side door to the back seats. I got that all repaired and I know my gauges work but now they are not. lost power to them some where i'll have to find out where. more search and rescue for me. It strarts slow but runs great once it's started after a few early morning stumbles but then idles just fine.. revs great and drove great. Can't wait to get it on the road.

ok need to find a relay

Reply #5
ok.. now i have lights behind them and my tach works..but no speedo or the display to the right of it.. they both are out.  any clue where their relay is??? they were working before i fixed the wires.. not sure what happened? any schematic or something along those lines for the wires and where they go and if they should have power or just a signal..

thanks for all the help so far guys...

ok need to find a relay

Reply #6
I may have those relays.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

ok need to find a relay

Reply #7
vinnie to the rescue... let me know  if not and you know the part number.. please send it to me... or if you got them tell me how much you want for them...t
hanks,
Big G

ok need to find a relay

Reply #8
IF I have them (I'll check in the morning),they'll run you $7.00 shipped.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

ok need to find a relay

Reply #9
cool let me know where to send the money if you have them

ok need to find a relay

Reply #10
Sorry for the delay.I will let you know in the morning.I got swamped today.I'm taking tomorrow off from work and just letting the world slide by.

ok need to find a relay

Reply #11
I guess I don't have them.I have two round relays on a small (short) harness....about 12 to 14 inches long.If life starts treating my days off a little better,I am going to the salvage yard next week and can probably get that setup.It's been raining every day all week.

ok need to find a relay

Reply #12
well thanks for looking.

ok need to find a relay

Reply #13
I'll post the day before I go to the big salvage yard,and if you still need the relays,I can get them at that time.

ok need to find a relay

Reply #14
that's cool thanks.