Skip to main content
Topic: wtf exhaust.?.?.? (Read 1381 times) previous topic - next topic

wtf exhaust.?.?.?

so my car is in the exhaust shop and they told me that putting on a turbo elbow was too hard to set up the flap for the waste gate... is that hard to do? so i cant use the 3" elbow i just got!!!!!! so mad
1987 turbo coupe 5speed: Boport stage 3 head/2.5 cam , Precision stage 3 50trim .63 turbo, Tial 38mm wastegate, Jangus gutted/ported intake manifolds, 60mm tb, Jangus open dumptube, Jangus 3" elbow, Perrin boost controller,Esslinger adjustable cam pulley, Esslinger small crank pulley, stinger FMI, RFL BOV, Spec stage 3 clutch, B&M short throw, 140 speedo, Walbo 255lph, BBK fpr, 3G alternator, ARP studs.  Be faster... :poke:

wtf exhaust.?.?.?

Reply #1
Uh, take it somewhere else. A competent shop should have no trouble connecting that elbow I modified to a downpipe. There's plenty of clearance to hookup the wastegate to the flapper arm.
88 TC 5speed, 168000+ miles, stock 2.3T long block, ported RFE6 exhaust, Evergreen T3 running 15#'s.
Up next: FMIC, fresh air intake, ported intakes, ported big valve head.

wtf exhaust.?.?.?

Reply #2
thats what i thought, im getting a full exhaust on to piping isnt the trouble, its just connecting it up they say alot of problems could happen....
1987 turbo coupe 5speed: Boport stage 3 head/2.5 cam , Precision stage 3 50trim .63 turbo, Tial 38mm wastegate, Jangus gutted/ported intake manifolds, 60mm tb, Jangus open dumptube, Jangus 3" elbow, Perrin boost controller,Esslinger adjustable cam pulley, Esslinger small crank pulley, stinger FMI, RFL BOV, Spec stage 3 clutch, B&M short throw, 140 speedo, Walbo 255lph, BBK fpr, 3G alternator, ARP studs.  Be faster... :poke:

wtf exhaust.?.?.?

Reply #3
they already took my old exhaust off too.

wtf exhaust.?.?.?

Reply #4
Tell them to just hook it up and get on with it and you'll deal with any "problems" as a result of the free-flowing exhaust.
88 TC 5speed, 168000+ miles, stock 2.3T long block, ported RFE6 exhaust, Evergreen T3 running 15#'s.

wtf exhaust.?.?.?

Reply #5
alright, sounds good to me, i'll call them in the morning. i'll try my best to get the core elbow shipped off tomorrow.

wtf exhaust.?.?.?

Reply #6
Take your time. Let me know how the car runs with the 3" exhaust on it. Maybe I'll get to put one on my own TC soon. Might help if I could quit buying parts cars.

wtf exhaust.?.?.?

Reply #7
alright, i'll do that. Im making my exhaust exiting style different from any turbocoupe ive seen before, so we will see how it turns out. i'll see if i can post some pics and a video in the next few days. lol i have a problem buying parts too.

wtf exhaust.?.?.?

Reply #8
They're just lazy.  It might take some fiddling to get the WGA rod connected properly, but it's not rocket science.
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

wtf exhaust.?.?.?

Reply #9
so they also just said that the bolts to take off the elbow break very easily, so im going to have to bring it home after they get done, cut off some piping and take the elbow off myself and then take it somewhere to get it welded....

wtf exhaust.?.?.?

Reply #10
Quote from: SR71blackbird;323392
so they also just said that the bolts to take off the elbow break very easily,

This part is true.

Let them soak in penetrating oil for a bit, and take your time.  You still will probably break 1 or 2 in the process, and need to deal with the broken bolts.
Long live the 4-eyes!  - '83 Tbird Turbo

wtf exhaust.?.?.?

Reply #11
what kind of penetrating oil should i get? and thats the best way to get the broken bolts out without taking out the turbo?

wtf exhaust.?.?.?

Reply #12
anybody?

wtf exhaust.?.?.?

Reply #13
PB Blaster is really good stuff.
'88 Sport--T-5,MGW shifter,Trick Flow R intake,Ed Curtis cam,Trick Flow heads,Scorpion rockers,75mm Accufab t-body,3G,mini starter,Taurus fan,BBK long tube headers,O/R H-Pipe, Flowamaster Super 44's, deep and deeper Cobra R wheels, Mass Air and 24's,8.8 with 3.73's,140 mph speedo,Mach 1 chin spoiler,SN-95 springs,CHE control arms,aluminum drive shaft and a lot more..

wtf exhaust.?.?.?

Reply #14
would that be something i could find at napa or a parts dealer?