Skip to main content
Topic: GT40 Intake Height (Read 786 times) previous topic - next topic

GT40 Intake Height

Hey guys I have an 88 Ford Thunderbird. Im looking to put my GT40 upper and lower intake on my car with a 1" spacer between. Does anyone know if it will clear the hood when shut? Please post in here or PM about it. Thanks guys and gals.
88 Thunderbird 5.0L
[/SIZE]

GT40 Intake Height

Reply #1
I have a GT40 upper on my 1987 cougar. I just now put a 2" wide pulley on the highest point and closed the hood to see if it would clear and it does. You should be fine.
FORD The Pacemaker of a CHEVY

GT40 Intake Height

Reply #2
if your car is stock, a Gt40 intake manifold will slow you down because of the speed density cant learn that more air is going into the motor. but i had an HO intake manifold with a 1" spacer and i still had some room left.
1987 turbo coupe 5speed: Boport stage 3 head/2.5 cam , Precision stage 3 50trim .63 turbo, Tial 38mm wastegate, Jangus gutted/ported intake manifolds, 60mm tb, Jangus open dumptube, Jangus 3" elbow, Perrin boost controller,Esslinger adjustable cam pulley, Esslinger small crank pulley, stinger FMI, RFL BOV, Spec stage 3 clutch, B&M short throw, 140 speedo, Walbo 255lph, BBK fpr, 3G alternator, ARP studs.  Be faster... :poke: